Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn tsx looks good in the dark. what kind of radar is that?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
104 Posts
Yeah and in that picture I had to turn on the dome light so it would look better, the camera makes it much darker.

The radar is a Cobra. Ran a bit under 100$, worth it.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Re: Spoiler?

coon409 said:
just wondering are you going to put a spoiler on it?
I also considered getting one when I got my GSR sedan. Dealer installed it ran like $600. I didn't think it was worth it... plus I wasn't sure how a spoiler on a 4-door would look.

Since then, I've seen it on other 4-doors, and it looks fine. Still not sure if it's worth that much.... it's just for costmetic purposes remember.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Spoiler?

sublime3sixteen said:
Far from, at high speeds spoilers add a great difference.
True, but then we're talking about triple-digit speeds (well over 100 mph). For normal city driving (including highway speeds), the rear spoiler won't make any difference.

In addition, most spoilers on street cars aren't designed to keep the rear end down at high speeds... most are just for show. Ever notice how the spoilers on stock cars look nothing like the huge wings people put on their cars?

·
Registered
954 Posts
sublime3sixteen said:
Now you're definately right there
Anyway, nice car. That's actually one of the colors I'd consider if I were buying one today. My fiancee really likes that shade of blue.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Congrats, sharp car!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
Wow Hip...that was from last year :D
Doah! Too many margaritas :repost:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
wow, resurrected!!! Looks like mines except I have a spoiler.:bowdown:

·
Where am I?
30 Posts
sjlee said:
...In addition, most spoilers on street cars aren't designed to keep the rear end down at high speeds... most are just for show. Ever notice how the spoilers on stock cars look nothing like the huge wings people put on their cars?
Absolutely true.

Even if the TSX spoiler was fuctional (it's not), what do you need a bunch of rear downforce for in a front wheel drive car? Is your car tail-happy? Mine's not. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts