Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off. I just Bought a 04TSX CGP, 71,719 K miles.

3 Dents
Bad wax job (leftover wax in cracks)
Airbag Light Stays on
Bad rotors (Brakes shake when slowing down on hwy or to a stop)

I kinda got ripped, Because the Owner before this car got the wrong carfax from the person he bought it from. and he Forwarded me the Carfax and it was all the wrong VIN.

But all in all the VIN# on the title and Vin# on the Body and Frame matched.

Showing Moderate accident report in the front end.
Showing Moderate accident report left side.

I found this OUT just 10 minutes as im type now... GRR im pissed, I went outside right after I found out, Went and looked at all the VIN numbers on the Doors and they are all Original. I also tapped my fingers around each body part on the car to see if there was Body work done to the car or any welding of quarter panel, or Bondo and such and such. There was none..

All I noticed what the headlight and Grill was a little off, That could be a easy fix by just alight the headlight fenders and bumper/grill also.

Headlights are Brand New.

Paint matches great.

Paid 10,000 Cash. Renewed tag and transferred title this morning when I bought the car...

Happy as hell, and now to the BAD NEWs, Carfax.

Most HATED problem the AIRBAG light stays on. Car drives fine, got an Alignment from a friends shop. Drives str8 as an arrow.

How will I find out which sensor is bad. My friends shop used a OBD2 scanner and scanned it. It said " Left Side Airbag Deployed", I didnt see anything. CLEAR TITLE. Not salvaged or Total loss.

Which airbag could it be? and How much or what can I do to get rid of that Stupid ass light. My cluster looks beautiful but that damn RED Airbag icon stay Lit.

Please any advice and what you think might be a solution would help me out. First time owner of a TSX and Have been searching about AIRBAGS. but I know for a fact it no just by leaning on the door panel.

Another question, DID I get ripped or I got what I paid for???
SIGH... Shit sucks. I wish I would have known. Guy drove from Alabama to visit friends in ATLANTA GA, and He sold it to me and rode back with a friend. It caught my eye to how decently clean it was.

I thought dents and dings can always be pulled, and brakes can be changed, and Front end realigned would be good to go, BUT THE DAMN AIRBAG light. Errr

Thanks and help will be repped and vouched for.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Change the sensor and repogram the srs
Thing is Previous owner that I bought the car from today, Doesnt know the history either, He bought this tsx from a Private seller that Lied about the Carfax Vin. So everything he know is just the same amount as me. He didnt know it was in an accident, He didnt care about the airbag light, he just needed a car to drive to and from work. he himself only drove it about 3000miles. and then Sold it to me after he found out he got a job at a contracting company and he needed a Truck..

Carfax said left front and front front.

Where would the sensors be, and how much is to reprogram the Airbag??

Maybe the airbag was replaced but didnt reprogram it or reset it???

Can I pull the negative battery wire off the car without having to reset the RADIO or anything???
I dont want to have to call honda or anything to get the code.? or would I be fine. Thats what im thinking would be best to try first, Because Im Broke. I put 10k cash and I really thought this car was in good shape, but now the AIRBAG light is pissing me off while drive this whole day. its more visible at night.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rather fix it. So Im trying to do research on how to find out which sensor is Bad. The code said "Left Airbag deployed?" Weird... Dealer is just too much to go too. im broke and im trying to diagnose it myself. Tomorrow I will be pulling the bumper and trying to find a Sensor....

Did I over spend on this car?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wouln'dt believe anything the seller is telling you. Sounds somewhat suspicious since he drove the car to another state to sell it.

The air bag may not even be intact....it may have been deployed in the accident and then removed and not replaced.
I would get it checked out professionally.
Good luck with the car.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Regional (United States)
1,204 Posts
+1 to the above comment.

What's done is done - no use in having doubts about buyers remorse unless returning the car is even an option. To me, it doesn't matter that the one who sold it to you was unaware of the bad Carfax - he is responsible for misrepresenting the car and for forwarding the wrong carfax. But no use in crying over spilled milk - moving on ahead.

As there is some history of accident and there are signs pointing to deployment of an airbag, I would get it checked out by a professional to ensure that everything had been replaced to spec. It may not only be an issue of minor cosmetics (i.e. dash light) or an unessential item like a cupholder - it can be a safety issue, and for peace of mind, I'd recommend seeing if you can get some advice/referrals for a reputable shop in your area. Yeah, I know it sucks and you have just dumped a heckuva lot of cash on a car, but in the end, it'd be worth it to have it addressed correctly.

·
1,204 Posts
You got what you paid for, 10k is on the cheap side. Why didn't you walk away.

+1

From what I had read earlier in your thread asking for advice, I thought it was just a couple of dings - but from your WTB thread, it looks like it does need some parts-scrapping/work -

Your WTB thread

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would have if I knew the Airbag light was a Airbag light. and if I had the Right carfax in my face. The other carfax he sent me had the exact or similiar mileage... The Car is Flawless if it has been in an accident because I couldnt really tell, Until I saw the carfax saying that its been hit in the front. There are no Bondo or Body work done to the car. All I knew is that theres Brand new OEM headlights and Front bumper. Other than that Its just the Airbag light thats pissing me off.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You got what you paid for, 10k is on the cheap side. Why didn't you walk away.
I knew it was on the Cheap side. But I also knew it drove great, and interior was well kepted. I was in the spur of the moment thing because it attracted me on how clean it was. I didnt care to much about the dings, because those are easily taken out by my personal PDR guy. THings that i need to buy for the car in WTB section is because those are all the things to make the car PERFECT as it sits. It has an average of 11000 miles a year, So I figure hey its been babied even though its been in 2 minor front end accidents,.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I would have if I knew the Airbag light was a Airbag light. and if I had the Right carfax in my face. The other carfax he sent me had the exact or similiar mileage... The Car is Flawless if it has been in an accident because I couldnt really tell, Until I saw the carfax saying that its been hit in the front. There are no Bondo or Body work done to the car. All I knew is that theres Brand new OEM headlights and Front bumper. Other than that Its just the Airbag light thats pissing me off.
You didn't know that the airbag light was on, but you drove it?

There is a sensor in the front bumper, there is another thread with the same problem, you will have to replace it and get the SRS module reset.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I test Drove it and didnt pay attention to the little Light. Til I bought it and was driving around, and that red light caught my attention that it was an Airbag light. Im new to TSX and newer modeled cars... I thought it would kinda be like a civic or integra saying SRS rather than a Red guy in a chair with a Airbag in its face.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
seems like your unhappy bout the car... u should have checked it out real good.....goodluck

·
1,204 Posts
How much is the sensor, and would you know how to replace it yourself? If it's cost-effective, try that route and reset and see if that takes care of the problem. If not, then take it to get it looked at.

There seems to be a lot of contradictions:

ASMTSXBOY said:
Paid 10,000 Cash. Renewed tag and transferred title this morning when I bought the car...

Happy as hell
But then the doubts about whether you paid too much, the questionable history of the car, the airbag lights, etc. . .

ASMTSXBOY said:
I dont want to have to call honda or anything to get the code.? or would I be fine. Thats what im thinking would be best to try first, Because Im Broke. I put 10k cash and I really thought this car was in good shape, but now the AIRBAG light is pissing me off while drive this whole day. its more visible at night.

Broke = no money, no cash flow. In another thread . . .

ASMTSXBOY said:
I just bought a TSX that needs a Little TLC...

I need a 04-05 Light grey Headliner, (the ones that come with the black interior)... Uncut or unripped, and not any stains.

I need a CGP 04-05 Front Grill with some Clips.

I need a CLEAN un Chipped and unscuffed CGP Front bumper.

I need a LEFT side Airbag Sensor, How can I find out what side I need. On the OBD2 scanner it says left side deployed but i dont see any airbag missing or deformed.

I need set of 4 Black TSX Door panels with the Silver moldings, CLEAN, no Key marks, cig burns, cracks.

I also am looking for Black OEM 04-05 Front seats with working seat Heater and Power option works.

SET of Clean Black TSX Floor Mats. ASAP!

Engine underbody Splash guard with Clips, the part that covers the Undercarriage of the motor to prevent dirt and stuff.

CGP 04-05 TSX Sideskirts. NEED ASAP, Passenger side would be fine, and both side would be better!

Also looking for a FUSE box Cover.

Cash in hands

At first, you were saying that you didn't want to fork over the money to get it looked at because you had spent all the money on the car, and I understood. But you start a thread wanting to buy parts (and not cheap ones, by the looks of it - i.e. bumper, door panels, seats, etc.) with "cash in hand" - honestly, if the airbag light is bugging that much and if the sensor replacement does not resolve the issue, get it looked at professionally and then worry about buying the parts to make it "perfect" later on.

Not trying to give you a hard time, but just prioritize your repairs and go from there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I understand, I listed those parts, Because I have them go for no more than 300 bucks... Airbags cost 1000 something at the dealer. And I dont want used airbags. And I dont have 1000 to spend. More like 3-4hundred. It doesnt hurt to make a most of what I need and then later on I can contact people for each thing they might have that I need.

CAR DRIVES perfect, just the damn airbag light is just annoying. because thats the only thing lit up on my Cluster thats RED.

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
well...

how about you just use this as your perfect excuse to take
out your stock seats and replace them with racing seats.
if you did that normally, the light would go on, so seeing how
your light is already on, this is the perfect opportunity.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well...

how about you just use this as your perfect excuse to take
out your stock seats and replace them with racing seats.
if you did that normally, the light would go on, so seeing how
your light is already on, this is the perfect opportunity.
Gotta have Heated seats for the Wifey. lol So no Racing seats yet. Grr Ill find out the problem on Tuesday when a friend at Acura pulls the code for me. I just hope its a Sensor I can replace and be good to go. Shit more money into a car I went broke for.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts