Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Un-Civil Engineer
2,205 Posts
I really suggest having someone check to see if the air bag was even re-installed. The seller sounds kinda shady, so he may be pulling something on you here. Its worth the price to make sure your TSX is safe IMHO.

I'm glad that you like the car so far (aside from the SRS light). Good luck!

·
NEEDS MONEY 4 MODS
5 Posts
yeah this guy does sound really shady.. but either way, what's done is done
i don't think air bag lights don't just come on without deployment
i'm pretty sure the guy fixed the air bag and didn't know what to do next with the light still staying on ...
i'd say check the impact sensors (located just below the front signal lights)
check your seat belt and the buckles .. and the srs unit
all can be easily done with honda's hds scanner
good luck

·
Registered
79 Posts
If your radio has anti-theft protection as does my integra radio, don't pull the battery cable unless you have the code number. (Don't ask me how I know.) You could check with Acura to see what their computer says about your car. 10k is cheap---as you know. Just fix the darn car and enjoy it,

THD

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You can pull the bulb out, that's what I did on my integras when I installed JDM non-airbag steering wheels.
Haha Thats what I did in my EKs, Boosted DC2s, But I want to fix it.

Okay Im about to take my Bumper off today and check out the sensors, is there anything to look for or check if its been impacted and went bad>???

Either way tomorrow (tuesday) at 5, Im getting it scanned by a friend at Acura Carland for Free in GA, But he said to fix it he'd have to charge, I dont know what he meant by charge, as in Full dealer price or hook up. Hopefully its just a bad sensor. It doesnt look like any airbag deployed. The interior is immacculate except a little light scratchs on the door panel and ignition part of the keys. steering wheel is crisp no rips or tears and the Leather seemed like its been conditioned. no Cracks or faded areas. need new floor mats though. things like that IM not worried about, Im worried about safety. lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
10000 is good ...nyc ppl sell them for that price with lots of miles ... Whats the mileage on it....
71079 when I bought it, now it has 72xxx.

Well Went to acura carland today in GA. My friend scanned it with the Honda Airbag reader. and It says replace the SRS UNIT. Found out that shit was 244. So I gotta wait it out. but my Friend said he will install for 40 bucks as a side job at ACURA after 5pm. Thank god I have friends that work at Acura.

Well I gotta put up with the SRS guy for a couple of weeks so I can come up with some extra cash.

Another problem is My clutch pedal is stick. Tomorrow Im going to use some Bearing Lube and put it on the master cylinder shaft. Hopefully it will go away. It just popped up today. I thought i was low on clutch fluid at first, but I remember seeing this problem in my cousins RSX...

Well ill keep you guys updated on everything and if my light goes away. Hopefully it does in a couple of weeks.

Im lovin this forum. People are really helpful on here.

Next thing, is find a nice Full Coilover setup. I hate ridin stock height.

·
girls love cars too..
45 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. Hope it all works out for you!

Btw, your thread makes my thank the Lord that I bought mine Acura Certified. People are shady.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Congrats on your new purchase. Hope it all works out for you!

Btw, your thread makes my thank the Lord that I bought mine Acura Certified. People are shady.
Yeah Thats what I regret too, but hey, I already paid him cash. theres no way he'd give me 10k back. lol

whats done has been done...

I can only fix it and get everything else right.

Tomorrow im about to do a PDR job on the whole car. whatever in dinged is coming out. I want a Perfect body, Just lined up the front end today. I will have pictures tomorrow of the Wash/Clay/Polish/Wax job after PDR. I have some Local friends that have experience in this, Im getting it for trade for my old civic parts. Thank god I know some body people/Dealer people/ and parts people.

Ill keep you guys updated.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts