Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I just bought a 2008 TSX auto with 39k miles in grey with grey interior and navi 2 weeks ago. Just thought I would share some thoughts I have on it so far.
Overall I think Its a great car, it was a certified 1 owner with a clean carfax and with fees and taxes included set me back 20 grand. Now, about me, Im 18 years old, and have had 2 cars so far. My first car was a 93 Mitsu Eclipse, which landed sideways into an oncoming truck on the 364th day of me owning it. So i bought a beat to shit 97 accord coupe as a temp replacement. And once I scrubbed some money together here I am with my new TSX. So I have some questions about these cars.
1)My other cars were manual, but I couldnt find a TSX with color combo I liked and low mileage with a manual in my area. I dont mind driving auto at all, but I do like to use the slapstick alot too. Ive heard alot about honda's auto trans going back after using the slapstick alot, so how safe are these cars to drive in shiftronic alot, if not all the time? By that I mean are there any premature problems linked to using shiftronic?
2)The suspension is STIFF. Driving on roads around here feels like shit. This isnt really a complaint as I do understand that this is more of a sportscar than a luxury car, but still alot stiffer than I expected of an acura. Seems like the only solution is to swap out the stock shocks for a set of adjustable coilovers and turn down the dampening, which should make the ride softer. My boys evo on Tein coilovers is just as stiff if not more and still feels better over bumps than my car. So what coilover kits would work better for me in terms of ride comfort?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Shouldn't have any issues with your transmission just don't redline alot, shift early, about 6900rpm's as you need to compensate for delay, and service it regularly,(swap fluid, filter). Ride wise im looking into just H tech springs from Tein, on stock shocks, maybe go koni. but they don't need replacement yet and its not bad here where i live. H-tech's are more for lower luxury rides. Good luck,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts