Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

^^^
My favorite 09+ Fit.

Woke up at 8am this morning, only had 4 hours of sleep (was playing America's Army Online till 4), to a phone call from my friend who wanted me to go with him to buy a white Honda Fit 5 speed manual. We drove 40 minutes away to look and pick up the fit. It was the only dealership that has a white manual. When we got there I test drove the fit for him because he's new to manual. When we were about to sign the papers we talked about the CR-Z and we decided to test drive the CR-Z. No joke, it was really fun. Slow? Yes but that sport button makes it all worthwhile. From there we decided to pick the CR-Z. He kept on saying "I can't believe I almost bought a fit".

I pulled off 75 MPG on high way.

BTW. Were were at the dealership for four hours. He spent 3 hours deciding between a Fit and CR-Z. The reason why he wanted a Fit is because it has 4 doors.

Drove out the lot with 0 miles came home with 40 miles.

6 Speed Manual.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Damn good thing you went with your friend. The aftermarket for the CR-Z will blossom with time. Is the CR-Z 6MT?

·
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn good thing you went with your friend. The aftermarket for the CR-Z will blossom with time. Is the CR-Z 6MT?
Yes sir. Sick Speed. First Hybrid I ever drove. When I was test driving with the salesman I thought I stalled at a red light. I was apologizing and he said its a hybrid and I was like oh shit... First time in a hybrid. First time in a 6 Speed Manual Hybrid.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
If it was a four door I think I would trade my TSX in.......seriously

It's only because it's a 6 speed hybrid that is of interest to me. I was already considering trading my TSX for a Prius but they were all auto, of course.

·
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it was a four door I think I would trade my TSX in.......seriously

It's only because it's a 6 speed hybrid that is of interest to me. I was already considering trading my TSX for a Prius but they were all auto, of course.
Don't do it!! LOL

4 door CR-Z

·
5,036 Posts
Is an insight a different version of the CR-Z? Is it manual?

·
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is an insight a different version of the CR-Z? Is it manual?
I donno... It looks like a CR-Z though. Nope all auto. I mean, if you're gonna look for a hybrid and have fun then you should get a CR-Z but its hard to decide if you want to take your girl or your daughter LOL.

·
5,036 Posts
I donno... It looks like a CR-Z though. Nope all auto. I mean, if you're gonna look for a hybrid and have fun then you should get a CR-Z but its hard to decide if you want to take your girl or your daughter LOL.
I need four doors. I need practicality. Road trips are no fun in a two door. I want sane friends in the back, not complainers about cramped spacing.

·
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need four doors. I need practicality. Road trips are no fun in a two door. I want sane friends in the back, not complainers about cramped spacing.
You ever though about the Fit? 5 doors and 5 speed manual.

·
5,036 Posts
Yea but the MPG (highway) of the fit is too close to that of the TSX. I mean, I got 36-37 mpg on the TSX, so I'm guessing I can maybe get 40-41 on the fit. To me that's not much of a difference to justify a trade.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Good to hear it's stick, in terms of fuel efficient manual 4 door Honda's I would take a look at the new 2012 Civic when it comes out. It will have 41mpg or so on the highway so you could push mid 40s probably.

·
CL9 to ZF1
1,461 Posts
Yea but the MPG (highway) of the fit is too close to that of the TSX. I mean, I got 36-37 mpg on the TSX, so I'm guessing I can maybe get 40-41 on the fit. To me that's not much of a difference to justify a trade.
The CRZ will do better than the Fit and TSX but after 70 - 75 MPGs start to drop off HARD and the TSX gains ground because the 1.5L motor isnt efficient up there.

insight is a totally different car from the crz.. i test drove the crz over the weekend and I loved it.
Insight is completely different. If you like the CRZ the insight will feel like a Prius comparatively. code85 got it right.

Im glad people are starting to see the car isnt useless. Its super fun and the reviews would have you think otherwise. Also, if youve been in a Fit, the CRZ feels more upscale. Materials are better, the car is quiet and doesnt rattle and there are other small things that make it better in my eyes. Also, the 6MT is the way to go for sure.

·
CL9 to ZF1
1,461 Posts
The JDM mfg's love the CRZ there are parts coming out everywhere from turbo kits to exhaust and everything. There arent many parts availale yet but a bunch of these MFG's have released promos of their products and brought them to shows like Sema etc. I have a few mods on mine already.

·
Registered
304 Posts
tell him to put a k24 in that bitch ;)

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
for some reason I can't stand a fit.. the crz however is looking nicer everytime I see it. I love that black noblesse one.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
to be honest, i wouldve gotten a CR-Z if it had a 4-5 seater but nope! glad to hear youre making a lot of good mpg with the car though. and its funny how you got the car out of the lot at 0 miles and drove 40 minutes with only 40 miles to get to your friends house. didnt you test drive the car??? haha

·
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
to be honest, i wouldve gotten a CR-Z if it had a 4-5 seater but nope! glad to hear youre making a lot of good mpg with the car though. and its funny how you got the car out of the lot at 0 miles and drove 40 minutes with only 40 miles to get to your friends house. didnt you test drive the car??? haha
yeah i test drove it for 2 miles and we drove home back to fv then head to mcdonalds.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah I know what your talking about when it comes to the fit, it looks ok from a distance then you look inside and its kinda cheap looking ( compared to the tsx) and why would I want to give up leather seats,climate control..etc.

I REALLY want to get a hatchback though, but theres nothing really out there like I like, The closest thing I like so far is the 2008 mazda 3, but I dont know much about mazda to pull the trigger on one.

Dont say WRX because I dont have 30 grand to spend on a car.

Back to the CRZ, yeah I like them but there no room in the things.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had a Fit....the only complaint I have against it is the no torque / ball less engine. And I do mean it's ball less.

I never felt the interior was cheap. I think a Fit is awesome. Still miss that car sometimes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts