Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the South SF Bay Area. Just got my '04 in Carbon Grey, with ebony interior, NAV, and auto tranny. Plan on getting the MP3 player soon too. I absolutely love the car so far. Unfortunately I can't find a truly ideal driving position in the car, but it's close enough. I also just toughguarded the exterior today, wish I had a digital cam to take pics with...

cheers,
-Alt

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man...

I'm getting the Acura part (it fits in the top storage bin in the dash)... it's expensive but what the hell, I'm tired of not having factory integration.

-Alt

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
Altersys said:
Thanks man...

I'm getting the Acura part (it fits in the top storage bin in the dash)... it's expensive but what the hell, I'm tired of not having factory integration.

-Alt
lol *woman* but no biggie and yeah i agree the facorty one looks good enough and it would just jump out too much if it wasn't facotry cuz the interior flows pretty well...
a local dealer here is doing free installation so they are only charging for the player. not a bad deal since alot of the times delaers srew you over on the install...

and other plans for the car?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Other plans... not really. Other than drive the snot out of it. My other car (which I'm selling) is a 400 HP 300ZX. I was originally going to buy an auto Mazda 6s, but was pissed that I still couldn't get HID and NAV (I would have to go aftermarket). So then the TSX came out and I decided to test-drive it; I was expecting it to be lethargic. The fit and finish were of course, two steps above, and the styling was equally good in its own way to me. What pushed me over the edge was that I was getting everything I wanted probably for less than it would have cost me on the 6s (the MSRP I was looking at for an optioned-out 6s was $26,700 before the HID and NAV aftermarket parts). Furthermore, the TSX would be all-factory even with those two extra features. I never expected to call a $30k car a "value" but it really was to me.

To make a long story short, since my other car is so damn fast, I don't really see the TSX or the more powerful/torquey 6s as "sports" cars so I had no performance plans for either. I'd rather keep my warranty intact (or at least not in question) than get another 5-10 HP here and there. It's just not worth it. The TSX is all luxury to me :)

take care,
-Alt

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
sweet! I'm glad you picked the TSX over the 6... lol.. I really do feel that it is a better car especially interms of luxury.. hope it treats you well. :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Acura of Concord. I am leasing mine for a CAP cost of $29,100 before T&L (MSRP+delivery is $28,990). My family has a close relationship with this (awesome) dealer and their (more awesome) service department. It wasn't a "killer" deal but that's not why I bought there. The price was still a better value than I felt the 6s would be for me, and the car was on the lot, waiting to be taken to a loving home. I didn't have to order it, wait, bite my nails, wait more, then find out the order was screwed up :)

-Alt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts