Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it came today. The Neo whatchamacallit is at my house waiting to be installed. I just have to figure out where I want to install the ipod. I have to say that I ordered it from mp3yourcar.com and they were pretty good from a customer standpoint. They asked me questions before the order went through and didn't charge me until it was delivered. I like that. Total was ~$240.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It connects your ipod directly to the stereo so that it runs as the "AUX" part of the "CD/AUX" button - the changer and the Ipod work. It lets you have a direct link that charges the pod and still allows the click wheel to work. Also you can use the stereo's FF and RWD buttons, including those on the steering wheel.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
oh thats pretty sick man... so is there a stand for u to put ur ipod or something?.... and can u see the track ur playin on the navi screen or radio screen??

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Neo Ion? ... never heard of that I have the Dension ICE>link... to hook up my Ipod to the Stereo... costs about the same

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chyllin - I don't think it shows up on the radio screen or NAV (I'm non-nav though). Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow when I get back home. That would be a nice surprise though. There's a dock/cradle thing it comes with but I'm not sure if I want it stationary. I think it might be easier for someone in the back seat to use it if it just connects via cable and not an installed cradle like for hands free phones 'n stuff.

Memphis - It's called Neo Ion SP I think. It's kind of hard to find for some reason. I only found a couple of websites that sell it, but I think it may come with some Dension parts such as the connecter cable.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
oic yea the cradle might get annoying... i was lookin for something that can hook up ipods and display songs... but no luck... so im settling with a mp3 player and navi conversion

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The install was extremely easy and it's working flawlessly and as advertised. I'm very pleased. I took out the top pocket and just plugged everything in. The wire is coming out from above the top pocket which looks a little thrown together. But its worth the slight eyesore for the major convenience and sound quality. All of the stereo buttons work and the touch pad/wheel work too. There was a default setting where the touch pad was disabled but that was fixed by changing the settings easily enough.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
thats kool man... so on the car display, wat does it say about the song from the ipod? and name or track number?

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
pics!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll try to get some pics up soon. On the display it says, if I remember right, CD-C 01-01. So just shows disc one, I guess the default, and track 1 which you can ff and rwd using the stock and wheel buttons. If you ff using the touch pad, then it doesn't show up as fast forwarding on the display. So the name is not displayed ever as far as I know.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you ff with the car's buttons it will change tracks on the display. If you ff with the Ipod's touchpads, it doesn't change. So if you are playing a playlist and ff once with the steering wheel, it will say track two. Then ff to track three with Ipod, and it still says track 2. So it can be a little annoying that way. But since it can't display the name of the song on the car, I guess it doesn't really get on my nerves that bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts