Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Platinum Club Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed tein CST. First impressions is WOW. I went from tein ss which were great but these are just awesome. With the SS I would always get bouncyness with the CST its just flat. Going over bumps you really dont feel a thing much softer then stock. On stiffest setting feels like the ss is softest. Going around turns id not as good as the ss though but doest bother me much. No noise at all with these either totally silent. Overall I love them totally worth the money.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
did you/are you planning to install them with EDFC? also, what setting do you have them on? Thinking about getting TEIN CST myself but I always cringe at the price tag.

·
Platinum Club Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you/are you planning to install them with EDFC? also, what setting do you have them on? Thinking about getting TEIN CST myself but I always cringe at the price tag.

I dont have them with the EDFC I have them 8 rear 10 front right now and thats really soft so might go stiffer. I got them

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Congrats, hopefully I can get one too myself but due to other priorities I doubt I can buy one anytime soon.

Hope you don't mind me asking, about your stiff/soft setting, is it better to have it stiffer on the rear than the front? because my SS is currently stiff at the front than the rear. Thanks in advance :)

·
Platinum Club Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats, hopefully I can get one too myself but due to other priorities I doubt I can buy one anytime soon.

Hope you don't mind me asking, about your stiff/soft setting, is it better to have it stiffer on the rear than the front? because my SS is currently stiff at the front than the rear. Thanks in advance :)
When you stiffen the rear its better for turns.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
Nicee I've been riding around on full stiff. Rub too much/less clearance on dips otherwise =[

still a comfy ride though! def

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
When you stiffen the rear its better for turns.
I could be wrong in saying this, but I thought most if not all FWD cars have stiffer front spring rates than rear to fight understeer. So in that sense, wouldnt have the rear dampers softer do the same essentially?

·
Registered
90 Posts
nice, do have any pic? are u dropped all the way? i have been debating on these for a while now, i want the comfort but would like a nice drop with 1/2 to 1 finger gap around.

·
Platinum Club Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No pics right now but its a a 1 finger gap. The coenering is not nearly as good as the ss were but I guess I can get use to that for a smooth ride.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
Yeah I hope you didn't get it in hopes of it being a handling demon haha

I've got the rears all the way down and its barely tucking. Fronts can go another 2" lower (tuck rim) but it'd look retarded since the rears can't go as low as the fronts

·
Registered
90 Posts
No pics right now but its a a 1 finger gap. The coenering is not nearly as good as the ss were but I guess I can get use to that for a smooth ride.
Cool thanks

Yeah I hope you didn't get it in hopes of it being a handling demon haha

I've got the rears all the way down and its barely tucking. Fronts can go another 2" lower (tuck rim) but it'd look retarded since the rears can't go as low as the fronts
are you on tein cst on the pics on ur album? looks really good.

·
Platinum Club Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah they should of made it so the back can go down a little more cause you can slam the front. Some times it feels to comfy haha. From the factory I felt every bump in the road. The cst you feel nothing.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I could be wrong in saying this, but I thought most if not all FWD cars have stiffer front spring rates than rear to fight understeer. So in that sense, wouldnt have the rear dampers softer do the same essentially?
Its to fight oversteer. Stiffer rear will allow better turn in and better ass rotation around the corner. Stiffer fronts will give you more understeer.

·
Platinum Club Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its to fight oversteer. Stiffer rear will allow better turn in and better ass rotation around the corner. Stiffer fronts will give you more understeer.
Thats what I thought but did not want to be wrongs thanks for clearing that up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've had the tein cst's since 06ish (whenever they first came out) and NO COMPLAINTS. I wanted a more sporty/aggressive drive but didn't want to lose the "stock" feel. I'm not into that bumpy/racer/stiff type ride for this car (that's what my mr2 is for), so I went with these. Hands down, the BEST decision I ever made! :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Tein Cst

I purchased my in 06 also. Amazing coilovers, the MSV really soaks up the little bumps and when you start driving faster, they stiffen up! I ordered lower/ stiffer springs from Tein and they still rock.

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
Does the cst go around corners better then stock?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts