Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i just lowered my 07 tsx with h&r springs at 1.3 drop in the front and 1.2 drop in the rear... im reading about the camber kits but someone told me you dont need one if your car is dropped less than 1.5". is this true?

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
you may be right on the limit.... i have my car dropped about 0.5" more and i def needed a camber kit

regardless you need to go get an alignment.... this will answer your question, and DONT put it off, unless you wanna blow thru a set of tires in 10k miles

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you may be right on the limit.... i have my car dropped about 0.5" more and i def needed a camber kit

regardless you need to go get an alignment.... this will answer your question, and DONT put it off, unless you wanna blow thru a set of tires in 10k miles
hmm... my friend told me to wait 2 weeks before an alignment to let the springs settle... does it matter if it get it now?

·
Registered
347 Posts
You'll probably need a camber kit for the rear but it depends on what your camber comes out at - I was lowered just .5" in the rear and I was at -1.6 which is just outside of spec (-1.5). Anymore lowering and I'd have to get a camber kit IMO.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i know it dont look much but that's exactly how i wanted it... it's 1 finger gap in the rear and like 1.5 finger gap in the front. i cant still drive normally and dont scrape the front. i just cant go over curves anymore. time for some rims now... i will take better pictures with my canon 60d instead of my samsung....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^nice drop, thats how it should be from the factory lol.

stock shocks? Looks good.
ty. yea im on stock shocks and cut the buffer thing... my friend did everything i just held the light... lol but i should replace them cause i have about 145k on them... bought the car back in 07 with 12 miles on it..... lol but it still runs like new. i think imma go with either rpf1 or ekm3 for my rim....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just lowered mine on S. Techs with Stock Shocks, alignment shop highly recommended camber kit and didnt even bother touching the rears because there was no point and specs would have been out of factory standards regardless, saving me 65 bukcs. Haha. So, since you say you're drive a little bit more aggressive, I would suggest getting a camber kit. Just for PEACE OF MIND. But hey, it's just a suggestion, DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO! Be easy!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just checked my alignment... Front is perfect... Rear was -1.9 on the left and -2.1 on the right. Well my friend is the service advisor at acura and he told me I prolly wont need camber kit cause rear tires are just trailing tires... But is that pretty bad spec?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 25 Posts