Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I placed my order yesterday with Curry Acura yesterday for my aspec lip kit for my 05 tsx. It took me enough time to pull the trigger to spend $950 right now but I finally did it! Then about 20min later I got the phone call saying that my paint code B522m is discontinued and they had to refund my money. No big deal I went right to Marcus aka Mr.Heel-toe asking him if I could get the whole kit oem painted etc. I was let down again after i found out that I would have to order a different color then take it to a local shop and get it painted the correct color.

So when life throws you lemons you make lemonade

I then decided I was already OK with spending the money so I might as well get a few other parts I had wanted. So placed an order today with heel-toe and purchased a Progress rear sway bar and Cusco front strut bar, and I am ready to buy the DEPO headlights.

Now the question is WHO WOULD YOU RECOMEND getting the aspec kit from? I am ready to just go eBay and spray paint it OEM color.

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Let me guess, SSM? You could buy a NBP rear lip and get it painted. That's what I might end up doing. Apparently black is the easiest to get colored over.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me guess, SSM? You could buy a NBP rear lip and get it painted. That's what I might end up doing. Apparently black is the easiest to get colored over.

I'm sorry and don't mean to sound dumb but SSM? And NBP?

As for black yes, I have done several lips before so painting It is not a big deal I just want something that will withstand a beating for when I slam it. Polly Urithane is the ideal thing my mk4 and mk5 VW went through hell and back being a street sweeper and never destroyed a lip. I did sent a lot of the subframe though lol

·
Premium Member
737 Posts

That is incorrect. White is the easiest color to paint over, especially since its silver. When you paint over black, its hard to tell what you have painted and what you have not, because when sanding, the black turns into a grey, while white stays a scratched up white. And OP try here..?
Acura Front Underbody Spoiler (TSX 2004-2005) - Bernardi Acura Parts & Accessories

·
Registered
69 Posts
Agree with poster above me, but any good reputable body shop will be able to match your paint.

Btw people, just look under his profile picture and you'll see that his TSX is blue.

As for which vendor to buy the kit from, get the kit from wherever is closest to you assuming each vendor is offering the kit at the same price.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Agree with poster above me, but any good reputable body shop will be able to match your paint.

Btw people, just look under his profile picture and you'll see that his TSX is blue.

As for which vendor to buy the kit from, get the kit from wherever is closest to you assuming each vendor is offering the kit at the same price.
Oh I see that now, but still same story with blue, it will be easier to cover white. I'm ordering a lip from that site in MR, so ill let you guys know if they can different colors..

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
Try and finding used aspec kit and get it painted ...

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
B522M= Meteor Silver Metallic aka the light blue/silverish color lol

Try getting it in Silver, any shop can sand it down and re-spray it MSM.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts

·
&#22235;&#19990;
1,767 Posts
That is incorrect. White is the easiest color to paint over, especially since its silver. When you paint over black, its hard to tell what you have painted and what you have not, because when sanding, the black turns into a grey, while white stays a scratched up white. And OP try here..?
Acura Front Underbody Spoiler (TSX 2004-2005) - Bernardi Acura Parts & Accessories
I dunno, that's what the guy at the shop told me - that if I wanted to get a lip painted, black is a good color to have painted. I mean, the OEM bumpers come in primer black, so... :dunno: The only reason why I guessed SSM is because both Curry and Marcus have discontinued SSM for the rear a-spec lip. On the Heeltoe, you can still choose MSM as an option for paint though...

Yea, I know, unfortunately the mobile app (which sucks btw, I just use it for convenience) doesn't give you info about the person posting, just his name. I was too lazy to click on his name. :p

Slightly off topic, but do hash tags actually work on forums?

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
I'm sorry and don't mean to sound dumb but SSM? And NBP?

As for black yes, I have done several lips before so painting It is not a big deal I just want something that will withstand a beating for when I slam it. Polly Urithane is the ideal thing my mk4 and mk5 VW went through hell and back being a street sweeper and never destroyed a lip. I did sent a lot of the subframe though lol
To answer your question and you don't sound dumb just gotto research.
SSM- Satin silver metallic
Nbp- night black pearl.

Here are the rest. First letter of each word after color code

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-general-car-topics/53213-usa-canada-paint-color-codes-1st-gen-tsx-complete-list.html

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like your style.
Haha thank you. I am 23 and a dad I like to keep positive as much as I can. I work hard for what I got so I'm always proud and upbeat because of that.
^agreed.

I ALSO ordered stuff from HeelToe today ;). We are keeping him busy!
Someone has to keep him busy! I enjoy dealing with him just hope I don't any him with questions lol.
I Just called them, and they do carry blue. No RED so im SOL, but you're good!
I called them before I placed the order yesterday and they said they had it then I got a call from the online sales department and was informed that it was discontinued. I have the purchase number and the refund number in my email still. Lol it's all good I guess I will find it els where.

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
LoL, i was about a page away from ordering the kit from Curry and then backed out cause of the axle and my beater issue, and went straight to HeelToe for parts... :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts