Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
"That's what she said!"
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a set of XXR 521 wheels, 18x8.5 +25 all around (I wanted +30 but it wasn't available for those wheels). I'm going to run 215/45's on these.

Just wanted to know what I'm going to need to do to the fenders to make this work. I'm hoping all I have to do is roll them pretty good and run a bit of camber.

Here's a picture of my car so you can get an idea of how low I am.

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
strange tire sizes, don't like them.
why not use the proper 225/40?

and with a good roll and using negative camber you'll be able to fit those.
how much camber? dunno, but it'll fit.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,896 Posts
Yeah go with 225/40s, you'll need to roll the front and rear fenders and cut the fender liners. You wont need much camber in the rear, somewhere between -2 and -3 should be plenty. Fronts MIGHT need a slight pull too.

·
"That's what she said!"
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted to run 225/40's but the wheels you see pictured above (the ones currently on my car) are only a year old and I only drive my car on the weekends. Therefore, the tires have less than 1500 miles on them which means they are practially new. I know if I try to sell these, I'm going to have to take a huge hit. And a few buddies have told me that running 215/45's favors me in terms of fitting these wheels as the strecth will help me.

Now I'm in a bind! Crap...

·
"That's what she said!"
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was actually thinking about ordering wheels with those same specs or atleast very close to it
I'll post pics when I get my setup installed. It will give you an idea of the look you might be going for. :thumbsup:

·
"That's what she said!"
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I was doing some searching and came across a Mazda thread where a person was running 18x8.5 with 215/45's and I must say, it barely looks like a stretch. Here are some pics I took from there so you guys can see. After seeing these pics, I'm leaning towards the 215/45's; to save me the hassle and money...

^^ That barely looks like a stretch at all and like I said in my previous post, it will help me in terms of fitment.

·
Registered
895 Posts
how much you want for your current wheels? im in NY as well please PM me want to get wheels soon. And as for the stretch it depends some tries will look more stretched than others even tho they are the same size.

·
"That's what she said!"
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For that size I'd run 205/40 cause I'm paranoid of fender pinch...
205/40 seems like a bit too much of a stretch. That's not what I'm looking for. Just a slight one.

And I'm just curious, what do you mean by fender pinch?

·
SLOWTSX
735 Posts
205/40 seems like a bit too much of a stretch. That's not what I'm looking for. Just a slight one.

And I'm just curious, what do you mean by fender pinch?
When you're low and you run into a corner too fast your car pitches forward when you brake. When it does, the fender comes down too low and since your wheel is turned, the tire tread block will smack your fender, causing it to "pinch". It basically looks like a bad dent right at the edge of your fender.

·
"That's what she said!"
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When you're low and you run into a corner too fast your car pitches forward when you brake. When it does, the fender comes down too low and since your wheel is turned, the tire tread block will smack your fender, causing it to "pinch". It basically looks like a bad dent right at the edge of your fender.
Ahh ok...

I guess I better take it easy on the turns then huh?? :tomato:

·
SLOWTSX
735 Posts
Id say so. I had a fat friend in my car and we went up a parking structure.... and towards the top I fenderpinched. =[

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
225/40 = 90mm sidewall height
215/45 = 96mm sidewall height

Difference is negligible IMO. I'd stick with the 215/45 to save the money... and if not Id be interested in buying two of the tires off you.

·
"That's what she said!"
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
225/40 = 90mm sidewall height
215/45 = 96mm sidewall height

Difference is negligible IMO. I'd stick with the 215/45 to save the money... and if not Id be interested in buying two of the tires off you.
That's what I was thinking. The difference is very minimal.

Thanks for the input. And if for some reason I do get new tires, I'll let you know about my 215/45's. :thumbsup:

·
"That's what she said!"
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts