Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! I've been a member of this forum for over 2 years now, but have never posted anything. It's been interesting reading the threads over time! I went to my local Acura dealership yesterday and placed an order for a Meteor Silver 6-speed non-navi with an OTD price of $26,702. I live in the lowcountry of South Carolina and I'm 24 years old.

In 2001, I leased a 2002 Acura CL Type S for a 3 year term. Man, what a great car...that thing was a rocket. The lease matured this past October and I chose to not keep the car (mistake now that I look back). I had been considering the TSX very heavily as my next car. To save a few bucks I ultimately purchased a 2004 Honda Accord LX V6 5A. I think this car is great, and it's almost as fast as my CL was, but I really miss the luxury and that "Acura feeling". I paid invoice for the Accord, and according to KBB I am even on my loan for a private party sell, so I figure now is the time to get a TSX!

I took the TSX 5A for a test drive to get a feel for the car, and because I was afraid to drive a manual (this will be my first one). I told the salesman I haven't driven a stick in 9 years, but he was candid about the situation and still let me take the 6M out for a spin, though I did chose to ride in the neighborhoods behind the dealership for comfort. I'm proud of myself 'cause I didn't buckle the car once! By the time we got back to the dealership I had gotten the hang of it.

The TSX felt great, but I did feel a big difference in torque compared to my previous V6's, which is somewhat expected. I didn't have a chance to "get on it" when driving the manual, but who has gone from a V6 to a TSX 6M? Is the manual satisfying overall with regards to power? I've been to most of the online car magazines' websites and most of them quote 0-60 times for the 6M in the low 7-second range. Considering (if I can remember correctly) my Accord 5A does it in the high 6's and my CL 5A did it in the mid 6's, this ain't bad.

If my numbers are off please let me know!

I'm looking forward to taking delivery of my beautiful TSX!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
jdemumbr said:
Hello everybody! I've been a member of this forum for over 2 years now, but have never posted anything.
Hello, congrats, and welcome to the Club jdemumbr :wavey:

Joker - who is glad that after all of this time, you are now posting :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the world of posting! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

I got a timeframe of 3rd week in April. Hopefully it will get here that quickly.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
welcome back jdemumbr :wavey: wow hehheh you probly are one the earliest members.
considering your car-switching story I think you should take another test drive really test the hell out of the TSX to your satisfaction.

robert who's glad jdemumbr finally broke the silence ;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey! I know the feeling....as a matter of fact, I'm picking mine up tomorrow!
Got me an 05, PWP with Auto/non-navi...damn I can't wait!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, I do plan on getting the 6M.

How 'bout the price, does everybody think this is decent? It includes tax, tages, etc. This is the only Acura dealship within a 100 mile radius so I was glad to get even that low. I was preparing to go in there battling against MSRP.

·
Registered
102 Posts
jdemumbr said:
Oh, I do plan on getting the 6M.

How 'bout the price, does everybody think this is decent? It includes tax, tages, etc. This is the only Acura dealship within a 100 mile radius so I was glad to get even that low. I was preparing to go in there battling against MSRP.
IMO..AWESOME price for including all the bells and whistles. I'm starting to feel like I got ripped off aehe10

·
Registered
102 Posts
To answer to your Q about power...

I've personally only owned a V6 that is in a truck and my previous car was a 4 banger too so nothing to compare to as far as speed. The TSX doesn't have alot of torque but when you rev it up I think it's plenty fast for everyday driving. I have the 6MT (my 1st) it's great! Plus we took it to the track stock and it did mid-high 6's which for a 4 cyl isn't that bad. BTW...4th gear is the sweet spot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts