Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2004, and been looking into doing this upgrade. I was curious if anyone on here has this modification and what their reviews were. I was also curious of the follow things...
1) What process is the installation?
2) Will I still be able to use the OEM boot and knob, and will the knob center out correctly?
3) What bushings will have to be replaced along the way, and can I continue OEM?
Anything else anyone has to stay about it would be great, I know Ktuned is a wonderful brand, but I haven't done a shifter upgrade before, and am just looking for some insight!

·
Registered
747 Posts
You may want to look into Ktuned a bit more. I personally am not a fan and will never use another one of their products. That said, people fanboy over their billet shifter. I prefer the Hybrid Racing one but I'll never install either. Haven't installed that exact shifter but I did install HR solid shifter base bushings and it should be about the same. Recalling this from memory so might be a little off. Remove center console. 4 main bolts holding the shifter in place. Couple clips/cotter pins holding the cables in place remove those. Install is the reverse.

Bushings - you asking about the shifter base bushings or the bushings on the trans side? If trans side I'd go with Hybrid Racing. The ktuned ones have had issues not having enough flexibility.

I have no clue about the factory boot and knob. Guessing no on the boot and I have no idea on the knob.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may want to look into Ktuned a bit more. I personally am not a fan and will never use another one of their products. That said, people fanboy over their billet shifter. I prefer the Hybrid Racing one but I'll never install either. Haven't installed that exact shifter but I did install HR solid shifter base bushings and it should be about the same. Recalling this from memory so might be a little off. Remove center console. 4 main bolts holding the shifter in place. Couple clips/cotter pins holding the cables in place remove those. Install is the reverse.

Bushings - you asking about the shifter base bushings or the bushings on the trans side? If trans side I'd go with Hybrid Racing. The ktuned ones have had issues not having enough flexibility.

I have no clue about the factory boot and knob. Guessing no on the boot and I have no idea on the knob.

Thanks for the reply. You mentioned never use “another”. Can you explain more & why you don’t like Ktuned too much, as I will look more into the company reviews & reviews on the products. The issue was that a lot of reviews were on swaps of the k20z3

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ktuned's quality has suffered over the years. When they hit the scene stuff was decent but many of their products have proven to fail. Their CMC, slave are total trash. I can say that from personal experience. Their shift bushings are also junk. Many of their swap parts are also junk - tensioners, P/S delete pulley, etc. Cant speak for their suspension stuff though. I'd look into Hybrid Racing. Their quality has proven to be alot better.

Go on the k20a.org group on FB and there are many examples of failed ktuned stuff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I second k-tuned being junk. I have hybrid everything and the ct short shifter, and while we’re on topic I emailed hybrid last month asking if they were going to make a shifter for our chassis. Believe it or not they responded saying yes they were and would put me on the list! So I’m holding out for that currently

·
Registered
747 Posts
I second k-tuned being junk. I have hybrid everything and the ct short shifter, and while we’re on topic I emailed hybrid last month asking if they were going to make a shifter for our chassis. Believe it or not they responded saying yes they were and would put me on the list! So I’m holding out for that currently
Shit I'm gonna have a hard time not buying that when it drops lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
i just did fresh OEM Cables with hybrid shifter bushings this month. more precision in the shifts but there's still some slop there from the oem shifter box's bushing. just hit up hybrid asking them to let me know once that TSX Shifter is available. Ktuned is a pretty piece but heard too much BS with them over the past few years to trust them with something as vital as the shifter. Hybrid is the opposite, only ever heard glowing reviews.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts