Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
No. The only way to make power with a built k20 head is to spin the motor to 8k+. At the amount of money and time the gains are not worth it IMO unless your going large budget NA build or big boost.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
It does have a use and can yield gains but isn't the first mod, its one of the last at the end of a long line and then it will yield gains.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Sorry, but you guy's are all wrong. The k20 head is not going to be a benefit on a k24a2 block, the head on the k24a2 is just as good if not better.

What you are thinking of and misunderstood is using a k20 type r head ore type s head on a k24a3 accord block. Those motors came with egr valves and different valve train.

Do some research, you will see what I am talking about.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Sorry, but you guy's are all wrong. The k20 head is not going to be a benefit on a k24a2 block, the head on the k24a2 is just as good if not better.

What you are thinking of and misunderstood is using a k20 type r head ore type s head on a k24a3 accord block. Those motors came with egr valves and different valve train.

Do some research, you will see what I am talking about.
The K20 head flows better up top where as the K24 head flows better down low. If you were to port the K24 head you'll have the best of both worlds. The K24 has porting limits though but is the better head because of the potential. The K24a1 head (when ported) flows better than any Kseries head. Tested and proved!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
The K20 head flows better up top where as the K24 head flows better down low. If you were to port the K24 head you'll have the best of both worlds. The K24 has porting limits though but is the better head because of the potential. The K24a1 head (when ported) flows better than any Kseries head. Tested and proved!
Do you have a link? I have done some research but not a lot on heads. People thought the Frankenstein head that worked w previous honda motors would yield gains w the K series and it isn't exactly that way. But if it has been shown that the k24a1 head w a port job yields the best gains that is very interesting because they are plentiful and one of the cheaper heads to come across I would think. Who did the port job?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.