Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard of a couple of rsx people putting the k24 bottom end with a k20 head. but I was wondering if the same was possible to do on a tsx. I know the rsx are not drive by wire and what not but i was just curious to see if the k20 head works with the tsx system or not.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Thay do so coz they dont have k24a2 engine. Your tsx head haы a very good air flow , just a lil less then k20 head. Its usually cheaper to build frank using used cheap CRV block and k20 head then to buy complete tsx engine. Btw , usually they feed empty block with sick parts , high CR pistons , evil camshafts, k20 oil pump and so on .. thats also cheaper than waste TSX internals.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I was just a little curious about it. Just doing some research and looking around at different setups before I start doing some modifications to my engine.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Best for the bang mods - intake , header , hfc , these 3 is a must have for K engine. 06 cam + vtc - very good bump in low to top end power. k20 oil pump and valvetrain upgrade for higher revs , i personally picked s2000 springs set , they r nice . All of this must be tuned of course !

Or just sell your engine and build an evil frankie , i dont see much sense in it for such heavy chassis but its always shortage of horses ))

You can also pick up turbo and leave you engine stock , it will hold fine 300+ hp.

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
I have a k20a2 that I was considering the same thing, so I did a lot of research and reading. Its basically the same as if you were to have the k24a2 head ported. So not really worth the cost of the head, unless you have it on hand I suppose. That being said, I decided not to swap it over, and will be making a frank'crv (for my Civic) or just selling the k20 stuff. Leaving the TSX alone, in that respect anyways lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts