Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've seen a few posts on here about new(er) Hondas/Acuras coming out that may be sporting the k24. If that is the case, do you think that will perhaps spur development of mods for the K24 if its used in more traditionally modder cars?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Oh for sure, no doubt. The Si is Honda's bread and butter tuner model and arguably one of the most tuned cars in the world. I'm pretty sure that as we speak (or type in this case) an aftermarket is being created for the 9G Si.

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
Im not sure what else that may come out. A lot of si's, rsx and civics are already modding the k24 block. So there are an abundance of camshafts, pistons, conrods, valvetrain, stroker kits and a few superchargers. Perhaps there may be a bolt on turbo charger, but then again, that would be a model specific setup.

I guess there may be more for development but not sure how much more there will be available to us...

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
The are lots of mods for the K24! It is a very popular modding engine.

·
Registered
604 Posts
It will be k24 tuning that will go with the 2g tsx, the 2gen has a considerably different head setup, even spacing of cam gears, single stage exhaust cam etc....

All k24's going forward will be that model, I doubt Honda kept the molds to continue making the legacy k24 heads. Those were probably put to bed when the 08 went out of production.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I suppose I was more curious about the tuning aspect, perhaps something along the lines of FlashPro, or perhaps the revival of KPro.

A turbo system would be nice, but very car specific (forgot that part). Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Oh, I would love flashpro for the second gen, as I'd love to have a turbo setup.

I think I will just continue to do little pieces here and there, Already have coil overs, all the adjustable rear suspension, ultra racing bars intake and p2r down pipe and ct short shifter. I think next up will be 2012 civic SI LSD, light weight flywheel and racing clutch... That'll probably be the end of it until/if a tuning solution comes out, or maybe CT will finally release the supercharger for the ride...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts