Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Not an expert, just a subject matter enthusiast. ;)

From what I understand, no it doesn't fit. The K24 dimensions and K20 dimensions are slightly different. Similar yes, but no where close to being the same. I suggest waiting for a Toda application specified instead.

We're not playing with a B18 and B16 component swap.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Technically, the ITR cams do fit just as well as TSX cams do, but to actually have the car operate will be a problem. Thats because the K24 head is missing the casting "spot" where the lost motion spring is supposed to sit in the k20 head.

You can either a) weld and machine the current head to be able to incorporate the new cams or b) do K20 head swap which will probably be more beneficial right now with all the aftermarket parts for the k20.

K20 head/k24 block is like the new ls/vtec.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
A option to me is a band-aid/backyard application. I wouldn't see any benefits in doing that just to get it done. B option is more logical and feasible. But I don't advocate doing either.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Noel said:
A option to me is a band-aid/backyard application. I wouldn't see any benefits in doing that just to get it done. B option is more logical and feasible. But I don't advocate doing either.
:sprint: that's too pricey and risky and im sure u can find way better mods than that to soak up more power in way cheaper way .. ~

·
Registered
149 Posts
agreed. Only time i'd consider such a setup is if of course if i was creating a hybrid. If its in the TSX, I wouldn't even touch the internals/heads and instead find other ways to make power as Andy mentioned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts