Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came up with this idea, what do you guys think?

Don't mind my clean tailpipes. :)

·
Enjoying the Ride-
145 Posts
Having an ass (and being one, according to some), I might as well share an opinion, too...
Like the Plasti dip black accents... have you ever tried their glossifier?
But, the 'K24A2' don't move me... yea, all your peers and those here will know, but it's too long, too hard to read, and most seeing won't know. Sorry...
OK, so I have a K24Z3 and may have K24A2 envy... but... maybe a 'CL9'

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Seattle,WA
1,465 Posts
Honestly I don't think it looks bad.

1. Haven't seen anyone else do the full engine code. We've seen accord, type s, 2.4S and Euro R but not k24a2.
2. The trunk isn't overwhelmed by extra badges.
3. More people will understand K24A2 rather then CL9. Only people that will catch. CL9 is the people in the JDM/edm scene. But no normal person would know the chassis code. However the do know what their engine is.
4. Glossified black might not look half bad either.

Keep up the mods.

·
LED Addict
874 Posts
Having an ass (and being one, according to some), I might as well share an opinion, too...
Like the Plasti dip black accents... have you ever tried their glossifier?
But, the 'K24A2' don't move me... yea, all your peers and those here will know, but it's too long, too hard to read, and most seeing won't know. Sorry...
OK, so I have a K24Z3 and may have K24A2 envy... but... maybe a 'CL9'
+1 its a little to long to have it up so its not my thing. But definitely unique.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK thanks guys for the feedback, so far I'm 1-2.

I wanted to do something different, I'm not into the JDM scene, nor are there many humans who will know what K24A2 means, but I thought it might add a special touch. This cost me 7 bucks so it's no loss if I decide I don't like.

As to the length, it's no longer than the OEM "ACURA" emblem that used to be on there. As to most who see it not knowing, this is the case with many car emblems - how many people know what a "ZX3" on the back of a Ford station wagon is?

I have some PD glossifier but I prefer the flat subtle look which matches my matte black window trim.

I appreciate more feedback. Keep it coming!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Seattle,WA
1,465 Posts
Size is perfect. Can't be bigger then the oem badges so you guys might as well debadge your cars. Your oem emblems are too big lol.

At the end of the day. It shouldn't matter what the people on the site think as long as you like it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks pretty unique

·
Enjoying the Ride-
145 Posts
I have some PD glossifier but I prefer the flat subtle look which matches my matte black window trim.
Saw the Acura badge and window trim, and liked the matching color. I haven't used the glossifier, and wanted to know how you like it.

I do like how clean your boot looks, and the placement on the bottom right of the lid...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Saw the Acura badge and window trim, and liked the matching color. I haven't used the glossifier, and wanted to know how you like it.

I do like how clean your boot looks, and the placement on the bottom right of the lid...
Boot?

Yeah I thought about a good place, that one seemed the best. Thanks for the compliments.

I bought a bunch of the glossifer and intended to use it on my wheels but decided against it since I went with wheel paint on top of the Plasti-dip.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I'm not sure if I like it, however i think it's a great idea

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Toronto
782 Posts
It does look unique, but I myself am not a fan of plastidip or the blacked out emblems theme.

I think it would look good if it were chrome.
Otherwise, This is a very creative way and can be taken in many different ways, such as i4, k24, FWD, & so many different things. Kudos to you.

Btw, you pasted the emblem a bit crooked.. Maybe its just me? lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It does look unique, but I myself am not a fan of plastidip or the blacked out emblems theme.

I think it would look good if it were chrome.
Otherwise, This is a very creative way and can be taken in many different ways, such as i4, k24, FWD, & so many different things. Kudos to you.

Btw, you pasted the emblem a bit crooked.. Maybe its just me? lol
Thanks. I had to choose whether to line it up with the ground or with the lines of the car. Most automakers do it the first way though some line the emblems up with the actual car's seams, which looks bad in my opinion. An example of this is the newer Camry, the emblem is slanted. I suppose it's in the eye of the beholder as to whether it's crooked.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.