Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in sort of a predicament. I received my TSX with a k24a4 in it, then I preceeded to put back in the original K24a2, but my a2 throttle body was damaged, so the shop put in the k24a4 tb but by my knowledge the a4 is either a cable, or electronic TB. So I'm wanting to put back in an a2 TB. Would I notice any significant increase in pedal response? Or even performance with the TB change, and what would I need to reinstall the K24a2 TB. Currently my gas pedal feels the same pressed WOT, and barely pressed at all. Is why i'm looking into changing in the first place. Does everyones gas pedal feel like this? Appreciate all the help!

·
Triple Platinum Member
606 Posts
Please post pics of your throttle body install!

Do you have TPS (throttle position sensor) hooked up?

Do you have APP (accelerator pedal position sensor) hooked up?

·
Triple Platinum Member
606 Posts
If these weren't hooked up would they throw a CEL?
Do you have any CEL's now? An ECU for a DBW vehicle will try to verify this equipment is working. Just because you remove a sensor doesn't turn of the CEL for it...

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Currently my gas pedal feels the same pressed WOT, and barely pressed at all. Is why i'm looking into changing in the first place. Does everyones gas pedal feel like this? Appreciate all the help!
Yes thats because its not actually connected to anything mechanical, there is no spring required to force the butterfly closed after you let off the gas.

Secondly, I would find it very difficult to believe your car is running a non DBW TB, there is alot of wiring and custom work that needs to be done. Its not impossible at all, but I would just doubt it without actually seeing it.

The main reason is because the TSX does not have an IACV, the DBW system opens and closes the butterfly to idle. The TSX ecu is not capable of running an IACV because it was never designed to have one, so you would need a kpro.

Would you see an increase in response? Depends if the TB is larger or not, but even than you would need a larger intake pipe to really notice anything.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes thats because its not actually connected to anything mechanical, there is no spring required to force the butterfly closed after you let off the gas.

Secondly, I would find it very difficult to believe your car is running a non DBW TB, there is alot of wiring and custom work that needs to be done. Its not impossible at all, but I would just doubt it without actually seeing it.

The main reason is because the TSX does not have an IACV, the DBW system opens and closes the butterfly to idle. The TSX ecu is not capable of running an IACV because it was never designed to have one, so you would need a kpro.

Would you see an increase in response? Depends if the TB is larger or not, but even than you would need a larger intake pipe to really notice anything.
This POST HELPS TONS!!!! It's definitely making sense now. So with my gas pedal pressed all the way down WOT, and barely pressed at all and the car still feels like it's exerting the same amount of power is natural? Due to the way the TSX is set up with the TB? I've searched all over and I can't seem to find the size of a k24a4 TB, I know that the a2 is 60mm for 04-05, Don't want to be buying a TB of the same size for no reason. Appreciate all the help guys.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
This POST HELPS TONS!!!! It's definitely making sense now. So with my gas pedal pressed all the way down WOT, and barely pressed at all and the car still feels like it's exerting the same amount of power is natural? Due to the way the TSX is set up with the TB? I've searched all over and I can't seem to find the size of a k24a4 TB, I know that the a2 is 60mm for 04-05, Don't want to be buying a TB of the same size for no reason. Appreciate all the help guys.
No not at all, I was referring to the force it takes to press the pedal down. The car should have a higher output at WOT as compared to PT. Secondly, I believe these i-vtec engines open the butterful to 100% when cruising and modulate the fuel. This helps increase efficiency but im not sure if the TSX does this or not, if it does it could be the reason you dont feel a large difference.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No not at all, I was referring to the force it takes to press the pedal down. The car should have a higher output at WOT as compared to PT. Secondly, I believe these i-vtec engines open the butterful to 100% when cruising and modulate the fuel. This helps increase efficiency but im not sure if the TSX does this or not, if it does it could be the reason you dont feel a large difference.
That's where i'm confused on the output area as it has the same output barely tapped and the same output as the pedal is pressed all the way down. Could the incorrect TB be the cause of this? If it happens to be smaller?

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
That's where i'm confused on the output area as it has the same output barely tapped and the same output as the pedal is pressed all the way down. Could the incorrect TB be the cause of this? If it happens to be smaller?
Im kinda unsure of what you are experiencing, keep in mind the TSX in stock form has all its torque down low, so at higher speeds it may not throw you back as much as it does down low.

Gears 1 and 2 are pretty short (we do have a 6 speed close ratio box after all) so the car will feel very perky in those gears.

Remember that the car(NA) can only take in as much air as it can use in a combustion cycle, so if the car has enough air at 50% throttle to go 0-30 in N seconds, going to 100% isnt going net much more power (a complete random example it may not be accurate). This is most likely what you are feeling.

As per the TB I have no idea if it is smaller or not, if you are currently using one measure it :p

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im kinda unsure of what you are experiencing, keep in mind the TSX in stock form has all its torque down low, so at higher speeds it may not throw you back as much as it does down low.

Gears 1 and 2 are pretty short (we do have a 6 speed close ratio box after all) so the car will feel very perky in those gears.

Remember that the car(NA) can only take in as much air as it can use in a combustion cycle, so if the car has enough air at 50% throttle to go 0-30 in N seconds, going to 100% isnt going net much more power (a complete random example it may not be accurate). This is most likely what you are feeling.

As per the TB I have no idea if it is smaller or not, if you are currently using one measure it :p
Makes sense, I appreciate all the help btw! You've explained a lot and helped immensely with this problem. It's usually when i'm in 3rd gear pulling off an exit where the Throttle bothers me. As it takes a while to climb from 3 grand to 6 grand. But 1st and 2nd gear are fine. Will measure the throttle and if it is smaller it can't hurt to put the 60mm k24a2 throttle on. Appreciate you taking the time to assist me in my problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.