Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not too savvy with car audio, but when I get my 2 12's in the back I wanted to know if the stock acura 6 cd deck can pump out enough wattage to support the beast...and i wanted to know if i get 2 12's will my regular sound sound all distorted and ish? thx for the insight. :wizard:

·
Registered
13 Posts
first you have to find a kit for the new deck to install in the dash, remember the air vents are all one piece with the radio. Then from what I understand (someone mentioned this in another post I once came across possibly on another board) the dual zone climate control's electronic components are also integrated into the radio. So replacing the radio would disable that feature. Not sure if that is true, but I would like confirmation before I consider any further the idea of an aftermarket deck to replace the stock one.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
yeah, its really dificult to replace the stock head unit, some people have installed a second head unit in the lower cubby area, however if u dont want to do that, u unfortinutly dont have much of a choice then leaving the stock head

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
yep what memphis said..you cant just replace the head unit like u do in a civic..this head unit is literally the size of my head..if one goes..everything goes..

pics borrowed from AcuraTSX03

·
Registered
126 Posts
vpat25 said:
I'm not too savvy with car audio, but when I get my 2 12's in the back I wanted to know if the stock acura 6 cd deck can pump out enough wattage to support the beast...and i wanted to know if i get 2 12's will my regular sound sound all distorted and ish? thx for the insight. :wizard:
I hope I am reading this right. Are you asking if your OEM radio can push your existing speakers okay with an additional amp for the subs? If so, yes, but you need to get a converter because the OEM does not have pre-outs. The problem is that you lose a little sound quality, because it is always recommended to run subs on an aftermarket head unit. Especially because an aftermarket head unit usually has a sub pre-out and more eq controls.

Just in case, there is no way your OEM radio can push subs effectively.

On another note, I do have some JL-Audio equipment for sale, along with an Eclipse head unit! hehe :rollsmile

1 - 5 of 5 Posts