Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my passenger side door lock is completely dead, but the switch on that side works all the other doors. The driver side door is kind of sticky, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I did my research, and i think this is a problem with the door actuator. My question is, sometimes when i use the key fob, the door locks work, but sometimes, i hear it trying to open, but never really open. Could this be a relay issue? Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys, my passenger side door lock is completely dead, but the switch on that side works all the other doors. The driver side door is kind of sticky, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I did my research, and i think this is a problem with the door actuator. My question is, sometimes when i use the key fob, the door locks work, but sometimes, i hear it trying to open, but never really open. Could this be a relay issue? Thanks in advance guys.

I have the same problem, im not sure whats the problem. Hope to find a solution as well.

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
Typically it is 99% the door lock actuator problem since the gearing for it is made of plastic. Throughout the life of the vehicle, the gearing will become weaker and eventually fail/slip.

The relay should be fine, but in order to check, you'll have to pull the door panel and unplug the door lock actuator to check your voltage to the actuator. If it's good, then you need an actuator, if it's not getting power, then you need to trace down your problem in a wiring schematic.

However, I'll bet that it's the actuator. Issue is too common.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Toronto
782 Posts
its the door actuator. just get it changed. im pretty sure 70% of us tsx owners have already had that issue. its too common to even call it a common issue. its just... days of our lives? lol

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
..... its just... days of our lives? lol
Is it sad that I read through your whole post but once I hit this line...all I could think of was the soap opera with the hour glass? HAHA. Sad really....

·
Registered
1 Posts
class action lawsuit on this issue

Just in case you are not aware, Honda recently settled a class action lawsuit on the issue of defective door lock actuators on Hondas. As you know Acura is made by Honda. This is the 2nd time my 2005 Acura TSX has been diagnosed with a defective actuator. This is something they are aware of going back to at least 2003 model year and at least up to 2014 model year. In order to determine why all my locks and my trunk don't work I must first pay to have the front driver side door actuator replaced. Only then can they determine why the other door and the trunk don't work. We are being ripped off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts