Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install a 40 degree gear yet? If so how difficult is it?
Gains with flashpro worth it?

TIA.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
The mod alone is not worth it. When its stacked with say RBC manifold, intake, exhaust and tune then it picks up the low end/midrange tq that the manifold change loses. If your possibly thinking about a cam swap it would be beneficial to do both at the same time. To see how it's done google skunk 2 cam swap. Look for a short video that will show you somewhat is involved. It is not an easy job and there are more ways to screw it up than get it right so be 100% sure you know what your doing before you start.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Was thinking of doing IM, but figured I would not get all out of it without vtec gear.

·
Registered
859 Posts
First of all you need to pay for tune. If you pay for tune youd better install as much as you can to see decent gains. in mani and ex mani is a must have b4 you start to tune the car. VTC works alone but woth other mods it has cumulative effect.

Iguess minimum you need to have for k24 b4 tune is intake , TL TB, in mani , ex mani. Then VTC and cams.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
First of all you need to pay for tune. If you pay for tune youd better install as much as you can to see decent gains. in mani and ex mani is a must have b4 you start to tune the car. VTC works alone but woth other mods it has cumulative effect.

Iguess minimum you need to have for k24 b4 tune is intake , TL TB, in mani , ex mani. Then VTC and cams.
That's what I did minus the tb because of mine being an 07 (slightly larger than earlier models) If you do it all at once you will save on tuning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts