Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
yes, i am a bitch
2,502 Posts
SAZABI said:
very bad... my brother called me at 4pm saying that traffic on Knight was bad. My uncle called me at 6:30pm saying that the traffic on Knight was dead...
wow...which direction was the incident?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
http://www.cknw.com/news/news_local.cfm?item=14211&c=1

Man falls to death off of Knight Street Bridge after struggle with police
VANCOUVER/ CKNW (AM980) -- A man is dead after a bizarre incident on the Knight Street Bridge around 2:30 this afternoon.

Vancouver Police Constable Anne Drennan says some officers operating on Mitchell Island noticed a vehicle passing by with no license plates. They tried to pull the car over, but the man wouldn't stop. Instead, he drove onto the bridge, heading south in the north-bound lane.

Two cars were sideswiped and a third was struck by the suspect's vehicle.

The suspect jumped out of his car and ran over to the side of the bridge. Drennan says it appears the suspect may have been trying to get over the side of the bridge. One police officer caught up to the man and grabbed him to try to prevent him from going over the side. A struggle ensued. Drennan says the suspect then slipped and fell to his death.

Drennan says at this point, police have no information about the man.

His female passenger has been taken into custody for questioning.

The RCMP have taken over the investigation, which is being treated as an in-custody death because the VPD officer grabbed hold of the suspect before he fell.

The motorists whose vehicles were struck during the incident were not injured.

Drennan says counselling is being made available to the officers involved.

·
yes, i am a bitch
2,502 Posts
i heard on "Z" this morning that he jumped off the bridge and was killed after hitting the pavement (i guess those big cement block which hold up the bridge)... :puke:

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zigen said:
i heard on "Z" this morning that he jumped off the bridge and was killed after hitting the pavement (i guess those big cement block which hold up the bridge)... :puke:
I heard many version... some say he jumped down himself... some say he was pushed (lol?), some say he slip and fell down.... well... wondering why he was running tho... stealing a car is no big deal here... no like he was going to jail anywayz...

Those big cement block called footing hee hee.... and shouldn't be normal footing, I think they are supported by piles.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Zigen said:
I wouldn't want to see the scene afterwards...ugh!:eek:

:puke:

·
yes, i am a bitch
2,502 Posts
SAZABI said:
I missed the news last night.... did they take a shoot at the dude lying on the footing? Must be interesting to see...
haha...probably not! i don't think they are allow to show his dead body on tv...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
SAZABI said:
sometimes they do show those pictures... but sometimes not... I wonder where the line is drawn...
A few years back they aired on live tv here a guy who blew his head off on the freeway. It was a close up shot as well :eek:
Ever since then, when something looks like it is going to happen, you know like a cop beating, they have to pull the picture way out... so you can't really see anything.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Joker said:
A few years back they aired on live tv here a guy who blew his head off on the freeway. It was a close up shot as well :eek:
Ever since then, when something looks like it is going to happen, you know like a cop beating, they have to pull the picture way out... so you can't really see anything.
omg that sux.
lucky i just had my dinner... :nod:

·
yes, i am a bitch
2,502 Posts
Joker said:
haha...just like when jj exposed her breast...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts