Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have F2 coils, and i have a knocking noise coming from the right rear. As of now im thinking it may be the preload on the spring being too loose. Does anyone know what the un preloaded spring length is? its usually like 160mm or 180mm and than the preload is 5mm less. So if someone on F2s type 2s or 1s it doesnt matter, could you measure it if you happen to have your wheel off?

Thanks in advance!

Also im thinking my endlink could be bad, i have a progress rear sway bar with brandnew endlinks waiting to go in but im holding off because of the noise. Should i just put the rear bar in to see if it goes away?

And finally does anyone have anything to check? here are the thinks that i have checked: Top hat bolts, center strut bolt. all camber adjustment bolts, lower strut bolts, all rubber bushings.

Thanks again, this noise is driving me nuts:soapbox:

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are they F2 or HT-SPEC?

Some minor noise from these is relatively normal. If it is really loud or it should like something is alarming you should probably contact F2...there is a warranty you know...
very very loud. they are shipping me a new one tomorrow, the strut is blown out, it is very easy to move as compared to the left rear. so hopefully i will get my 200 bucks back when they get my old one.

thanks for checking in tho Marcus!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts