Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I just got my Koni/Neuspeed Supercup kit in the mail today. I'm excited to get everything installed tomorrow but I have questions about how to adjust the perch. I have read other threads where it sounds like there's 3 adjustments for the set up. Can someone with this kit confirm what perch was used to get desired height.

Out of the box here is one of the front struts.

There is a ring that was already placed on the strut. I assume that you can remove this and put it on the lower position. Is that right and wouldn't that mean that is only has two adjustments?
Also, the plate where the springs are place on, which way do they go?Down

Or up?

And for the rear shocks, the ring was put in the middle three positions when I opened them. Can someone also tell me, are the rears then three way adjustable?

Thanks for your help guys and sorry if I sound like a noob!

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
not sure what you have there....

koni yellows - 3 perch zones
koni/neuspeeds - 5 perch zones

you - 2 perch zones...you might want to double check your part numbers and have these professionally installed.... they will reuse some of your stock parts to get everything installed properly, and without a spring compressor and air tools, this is going to be quite the operation for you to install them yourself

there should be 3 groves - 1/4" up, neutral, and 1/4" down, move the ring to whatever setting you want (i assume lowest) and set your strut (metal piece) so that its facing down, then test fit your springs to make sure the bottom of the spring makes good solid contact with your struts.... then the rest is up to your tools/time

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure what you have there....

koni yellows - 3 perch zones
koni/neuspeeds - 5 perch zones

you - 2 perch zones...you might want to double check your part numbers and have these professionally installed.... they will reuse some of your stock parts to get everything installed properly, and without a spring compressor and air tools, this is going to be quite the operation for you to install them yourself

there should be 3 groves - 1/4" up, neutral, and 1/4" down, move the ring to whatever setting you want (i assume lowest) and set your strut (metal piece) so that its facing down, then test fit your springs to make sure the bottom of the spring makes good solid contact with your struts.... then the rest is up to your tools/time
?? Ok, I just double checked the part numbers as per the Neuspeed website and they are right....

Why doesn't this kit have the 5 perch zones? lol

·
Registered
667 Posts
Not sure about your number of perches but I can answer your question that the spring perch should be faced down.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure about your number of perches but I can answer your question that the spring perch should be faced down.
Ok Thanks Wreak... I'm going to start installing these in about an hour or two. I'm just going to bring all the rings to the lowest position and take pictures of the end result for all to see.

I just thought that there would have been five ring/perch positions!? I guess not!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
The 5 perch koni's have been long gone, you can only get the normal koni's, which they are still good but you can't slam the car.

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
freal ? i bought mine around 10 months ago and had them installed.... i have them slammed in the front and one-up in the rears.... 5 perches

had no clue they didnt make em anymore.... so i would just slam it Agen2integra...lowest setting all around

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow! This is very disappointing news.....

I'm going to start installing them now. I will have pics up later tonight or tomorrow depending on quality of iPhone shots. lol

Well, here goes nothing

·
pedal damn it
2,898 Posts
Oh man...I didn't know they discontinued the 5 perch konis. I HAVE THE 5 PERCH KONIS a.k.a. Konis SP3. OP, Post pics once u slam ur car.

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
sp3's ftw SLAMMED haha

when did they stop making them ???
i bought mine from excelerate performance... maybe you can find a few left over pairs laying around, makes no sense why they would stop all of a sudden

def post pics, good luck

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I installed them on the lowest perch setting available and to my surprise the car looks slammed. It may be a little too low for me though.... I live in PA and commute to NJ daily and the roads here are the worst. I will give it a try for a little while but if I start to bottom out and scrap a lot I will raise my height.

The rear was a huge PITA for me, as one of the end links got stripped when my brother attempted to help me out. haha. I ended up buying MOOG end links for both sides as an upgrade from the stock end links.

I haven't had a lot of time to drive my car, but so far I'm impressed by the ride quality.

Here is the before:

Here is the after:

front:

rear:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I really like it. did you fiddle with the damper adjustments yet? How much of a difference is the ride quality over stock?

·
pedal damn it
2,898 Posts
ur car is not slammed. but it looks great for the area that u reside in. just take it slow on dips, driveways, and speedbumps and u should be ok.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really like it. did you fiddle with the damper adjustments yet? How much of a difference is the ride quality over stock?
Thanks J, you're able to adjust them by turning the dampening adjustment up to 720 degrees. I turned the adjustment to 540 front and back. When I get some time after work tonight I'm going to turn it back to see what it's like at 360 degrees. I'm pleased with the ride but I do want to play with the dampening some more.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ur car is not slammed. but it looks great for the area that u reside in. just take it slow on dips, driveways, and speedbumps and u should be ok.
Lol.... you're probably right! I'm just not used to my car being this low. I swear it looks lower in person! There are plenty of people on this forum who rock it much lower, that's for sure...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts