Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking about going with the Tein H-tech springs, but I got a quesion. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The koni's allow for a 20mm(~.7") drop by lowering the perch. If the h-techs lowers the car 1.1F/0.7R, then by also lowering the perch; would the drop be 1.8F/1.4R? Am I understanding this correctly? Or am I off? TIA

·
Registered
347 Posts
I was thinking about going with the Tein H-tech springs, but I got a quesion. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The koni's allow for a 20mm(~.7") drop by lowering the perch. If the h-techs lowers the car 1.1F/0.7R, then by also lowering the perch; would the drop be 1.8F/1.4R? Am I understanding this correctly? Or am I off? TIA
You are correct. I'm looking to do the same with H&R OE Sport Springs (my thread: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-suspension/60424-konis-h-r-oe-spring-setup.html)

·
Registered
109 Posts
ok kool thanks!
I am not sure which set up would be best.

A spring that lowers 1.6" on neutral perch or a spring that lowers 1" on lower perch, as the lower you go on the perch, the harsher the ride. Also the lower the spring you get, the harsher the ride. Wonder if there is any difference or not.

I was thinking neutral perch on 1.3" H&R springs or something to that effect.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Q: I'm sorely tempted by these but I don't want a firmer ride than I have now (18" wheels plus H&R OE springs) and my searches on here suggest that the Konis, even at the softest settings, may or may not be firmer than stock. Koni themselves describes it as "reasonable ride quality".

Can anyone authoritatively say if the Konis, on the softest settings, are firmer than stock? (I'd trade a little firmness for better damping though).

thanks,

·
Registered
422 Posts
Q: I'm sorely tempted by these but I don't want a firmer ride than I have now (18" wheels plus H&R OE springs) and my searches on here suggest that the Konis, even at the softest settings, may or may not be firmer than stock. Koni themselves describes it as "reasonable ride quality".

Can anyone authoritatively say if the Konis, on the softest settings, are firmer than stock? (I'd trade a little firmness for better damping though).

thanks,
one of the members here said on full soft he felt the koni's were more firm than stock... take it for what its worth...

i'm probably going to pair koni's with springs from my mugen 5-way suspension (darn blown non-rebuildable shock!)...

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's only a meh price anyway. Springs are usually $200/4 in most cases. Something like the SuperCup kit @ $675-ish is basically the same price as the shocks mentioned above.

And yes, that's right re: KONI warranty.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I just ordered koni's for my friend's Subaru. The way the sales rep made it sound, they are pretty much selling koni's at cost right now. If you have a friend with another make they may have dampers for them as well. The main site is tunersports.com. Clubcivic.com is just a subname I believe as all my emails were directed from tuner sports inc. when I emailed Clubcivic. Spread the word and help others out. I'm pretty sure you won't find them cheaper. Act quickly as the sale ends soon.

·
pedal damn it
2,901 Posts
I ride my koni sp3/ground control setup on full stiff all around! Very firm and stable. Works for me. :D

Used to roll with koni sp3/tein h tech. Full soft at first and then went full stiff before I switched to ground controls. And yes, koni/tein h tech on full soft is just a tad firmer than stock handling but not unbearable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts