Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can these shocks lower the car with moving the perch down ? This is for the rear. Thanks.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Yes they can. The perches were meant to adjust ride height.

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
They also have an excellent warranty. :tu:

·
5,036 Posts
The thing is, to adjust ride height you have to take off the suspension and top hats.

·
5,036 Posts
And like Integragsr said, Koni has VERY good warranty. He got a leak near the dampening adjuster on one of his shocks after 6 years of usage. Initiated the warranty claim. Decided to send in all four shocks just to see if they will replace, if not then no biggie. Turns out they sent him four brand spankin new shocks.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
The ability to really play with the height on these sort of died with the SP3s from Neuspeed.

These shocks have multiple spring perch mounting locations because they fit on multiple cars. The different cars use the different settings. Yes, you can move the perches around to play with the height but they are NOT intended to be adjustable for height. If you can use the other settings to get your desired result that is awesome, but as someone selling this part I cannot support calling these "adjustable for height" because they are technically not intended for that use and if someone gets these and is unable to get their desired setting they will get mad...at me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Konis are on the car and yes it lowered the rear 0.5" No more finger gap :)

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
The ability to really play with the height on these sort of died with the SP3s from Neuspeed.

These shocks have multiple spring perch mounting locations because they fit on multiple cars. The different cars use the different settings. Yes, you can move the perches around to play with the height but they are NOT intended to be adjustable for height. If you can use the other settings to get your desired result that is awesome, but as someone selling this part I cannot support calling these "adjustable for height" because they are technically not intended for that use and if someone gets these and is unable to get their desired setting they will get mad...at me.
What perch settings are to be used for the 1st gen TSX?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts