Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Looking at matching a set of Konis with my H&R OE sport springs using the lower perch so that I get a total of a 1.5"/1.25" drop.

Q: should I be concerned at all about the stock-ish spring rate at that drop or is it all good?

Thanks

·
Registered
714 Posts
why not just get the 50mm h&r springs?

all that will cost as much as coilovers.

one thing with springs is one side will be higher than the other.

that really annoys me on mine. my drivers side is lower than the passenger side by a finger :squint:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already got the springs on thecar and I'm being offered a great deal on a set of new Konis ($500) thus I'm thinking about the swap.

·
Registered
714 Posts
ahhh now i see where your coming from :)

koni sports? damping adjustable

im sure i heard somewhere that they go softer than & firmer than stock not sure though.

seems like a good price to me

go for it

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
500 is awesome for konis. I'd get them. Yes they're adjustable so you can tune the dampening but as far as putting it on the lower perch, I thought the same thing. I left it up on the oem perch but if you don't drive it as hard as I do, I'm sure the lower ones are fine.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
I just installed mine on Friday night and drove back today from install (400 miles away DIY). I adjusted mine to half and love it compared to the stock setup. I paired mine up with ground control setup.

·
pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
I just installed mine on Friday night and drove back today from install (400 miles away DIY). I adjusted mine to half and love it compared to the stock setup. I paired mine up with ground control setup.
Koni/Ground Control :tu:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts