Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Hi man, I was scroling on google search and saw this 馃槃.
Thanks for doing this mod and testing it on your car.
If you do it on stock box car would start flaying with that mod.

I can send you secon (upper v.s file) to fit it and test it.
Also would be cool if you ported your tb like I have.

Attachments

Registered
Also dont know if I told you or someone else... When we did this modification we didnt get any gain after that mod and after driving it for cupple of days cars started dropping times. 100-200 kmh was almost 2 seconds reduced.
So you can test it again after week of driving and see if there is any difference.

Regarding long pipe intakes like tradicional behind the bumper cai they always lose vs shorter intake setup on k24 and it is always 5-10hp range like in this video.
Also humble performance did the same test with same outcome.

My car is now taken apart for bracing installation but I plan to install new air ducting from grill that will be more suitable for people who don't want to run channel from / next to the fog light.

Registered
it is not super hot or sealed, just log your device and see for your self. On my setup there is like 2 celsius difference at the worst with channel open vs closed I did 2 tests proving that.
When I extend pipe behind the bumper my car goes slower so yeah it is loosing power.

long intake is always loosing power vs short one.

Registered
Thank you for giving it a go 馃憤

Was fixing bumper today and puting on ats lip so I tested iat with channel open and removed+ hole was blocked off.
Outside temp 19c
With channel iat 22c
Removed channel and blocked off hole iat was jumping 25 - 26c.

When I tested it during the winter it was smaller difference.

I will make new ducting that goes from front grill and test it in couple days.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts