Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed dual harness and kpro into my 06 cl9...

harness is from Driven Performance Singapore and some pics below.
more info here..
http://www.drivencrazy.com.sg/index.php/archives/52

Harness plugged in

kpro hidden under the carpet!

couple of notes
No cruise control
No VSA
Can use stock o2 sensor but can't see a/f ratio
Idles fine and no issues so far.

will be installing some other parts and will be tuning on the 24th of june....

will post results soon.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Negative...

harness is from Driven performance in Singapore.....

Works the same but no need to extend wires.... Small difference between the 2...

·
Registered
40 Posts
It sucks that you loose the cruise control... otherwise I really want to mod my CL9, but I like the cruise control option to much.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
noob question? what is the difference between hondata reflash and k-pro? whats the advantage of using k-pro without no boost?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
noob question? what is the difference between hondata reflash and k-pro? whats the advantage of using k-pro without no boost?
The reflash is a "one size fits all" remap of the ECU to accomodate bolt-on mods like I/H/E. It provides modest gains and does not make you lose VSA, Cruise, etc.

K-Pro allows custom basemaps to be made when you are running boost, cams, advancing timing, etc. Custom tunes will allow the most performance gain, vs the reflash which is written to work best with an intake/header.

There have been some users running bolt-on mods with K-Pro on their TSXs and have great results/feedback, but I think it is more cost effective to get a reflash if you are not boosting.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
the hondata version also lost cruise control, part of the reason I could never do it

·
Registered
976 Posts
Negative...

harness is from Driven performance in Singapore.....

Works the same but no need to extend wires.... Small difference between the 2...
What wires needed to be extended on the Ktuned Harness?? I never heard of that..

·
Registered
75 Posts
I thought you had the Hondata setup? Didn't you only lose vsa?

No I never lost VSA just Cruise, I had the Hondata K-pro with the Hondata dual ecu harness,
which I now have for sale but will be a pain to sell because I will need the buyers oe ecu in exchange beacause I had to leave my oe ecu and the k-pro paired together.

·
Boosting 24/7
3,085 Posts
No I never lost VSA just Cruise, I had the Hondata K-pro with the Hondata dual ecu harness,
which I now have for sale but will be a pain to sell because I will need the buyers oe ecu in exchange beacause I had to leave my oe ecu and the k-pro paired together.
Ahh that's right I was getting them mixed up. I forgot that with the Hondata setup you lose CC.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Australian CL9 K24A3?
Toda header
Js racing 70rr
Gruppe M are the power mods so far.
Stock redline is 7000rpm.
Rated Hp is 141kw?

·
Triple Platinum Member
598 Posts
Looks like there's still work to be done flattening that tq curve...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The first dip was coz he hesitated doing wot.... I have another plot where that is not there...

The second dip is from the Vtec crossover. He tried raising the rpm and doing cam angles but couldnt not rid it. Most likely due to the cams.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts