Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am strongly considering the purchase of the TSX; however, I have one area of concern that perhaps someone can help me with. I noticed that TSX lacks any type of molding to help reduce the risk of door dings. This also is the case with the RSX. It seems to me that, while this does make for a very "clean" look, it is a bit foolhardy. All of the TSX's listed competition includes some type of molding, and I assume the TSX does not have "Saturn Type" dent resistent panels. Am I weird or does this not seem like a major oversite by Acura? In any event, can such protection be added to the TSX? Let me know if I am just being nuts. The cars lines are beautiful to my eye, bu no protect seems like ther will surely be not just dings, but creases.
Thanks in advance for any input.
Rick

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
[email][email protected][/email] said:
Hello All,

I am strongly considering the purchase of the TSX; however, I have one area of concern that perhaps someone can help me with. I noticed that TSX lacks any type of molding to help reduce the risk of door dings. This also is the case with the RSX. It seems to me that, while this does make for a very "clean" look, it is a bit foolhardy. All of the TSX's listed competition includes some type of molding, and I assume the TSX does not have "Saturn Type" dent resistent panels. Am I weird or does this not seem like a major oversite by Acura? In any event, can such protection be added to the TSX? Let me know if I am just being nuts. The cars lines are beautiful to my eye, bu no protect seems like ther will surely be not just dings, but creases.
Thanks in advance for any input.
Rick
Welcome to the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you like it here and join our discussions. :D

About the door protections, i would like that aswell as my 4th gen maxima also has problems with that almost every maxima i see has dents on their doors.. Acura has the same problem i dont think you can do much about it.. anything you do will ruin the look of the car :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I think you are correct....it is a shame because Mazda did a nice job with the 6. Regardless I purchased a silver TSX 5AT this evening will take delivery tomorrow...will purchase stock in dent wizards.....lol
Rick

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
[email][email protected][/email] said:
Thanks for the reply. I think you are correct....it is a shame because Mazda did a nice job with the 6. Regardless I purchased a silver TSX 5AT this evening will take delivery tomorrow...will purchase stock in dent wizards.....lol
Rick
Yep mazda did a good job.. I had my maxima painted brand new all dents fixed and guess what my passanger side door has a small ding again someone opened their door even though its a weekend car :(

Thats the only reoson i am buying a tsx to use for everyday.

Congrads on your new car bro hook us up with pictures :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Currently Acura has 3 models that have bodyside molding and it's not standard on one .
The 2003 TL, 04 RL and it's an add on option ($200.00) for the 2003 MDX. The RSX, 3.2 CL, TSX are barebodied .

David Lindsey
Riddle Acura

1 - 5 of 5 Posts