Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
DiRTBAG Jose!
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so my lower control arm bushings have been torn for quite some time and have been looking for choices to replace them with. From what I have researched the market isn't too broad.

-There is the choice of replacing the bushings with the factory ones, but for them to tear again I don't think so.

-PCI makes spherical bearings to replace the bushing, but my concern is I don't want to sacrifice more comfort while going down a bumpy road since I'am lowered. Yes, I have read the reviews but the thing is I dont know how the person has their car set up. What I mean is are they stock? low? or slammed? Driving it daily? Harsh roads? etc.

Those are the options I have looked into. Another one I have been trying to get going is I have contacted Energy Suspension to see if they would make a polyurethane bushing for the tsx. No luck yet :wavey:

I would love to get feedback from you guys and see what others have done.

·
Registered
874 Posts

·
Jon Daily Boulevard
5,554 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. The spherical compliance bushings definitely sound like a great upgrade over the OEM rubber bushings, but I'd hate to sacrifice too much comfort. I drive my little niece and nephew occasionally and they say my car is bumpy enough already! lol

I also wished Energy Susp. made poly ones for our car. They already have ones available for other late model Civics with similar LCAs. Maybe they have the same diameter and are interchangeable?? Someone buy a pair and measure. :D

Anyways, since it seems as though the TSX/Accord compliance bushings are susceptible to tearing, maybe it's only a matter of time before a poly one is made. *fingers crossed*

·
DiRTBAG Jose!
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heeltoeauto.com has them

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/heelt...-compliance-bearings-install-impressions.html

Fastline Performance Compliance Bearings by PCI, 04-08 Acura TSX / TL TL-S - HeelToe Automotive

$300 is a lot IMO for a part you can replace for $50 total.
OEM is the choice, you will spend less money even if you replace them 3x. oem is strong quality, its not a part that rips right away you can get 40,000mile + if done correctly.
Yes it is expensive, but my concern is will it meet my expectations.
I dont know if you read what I originally posted, but it says I have read the reviews. One of the reviews the person says.....
"These bushings are excellent. The ride is much smoother than the OEM rubber bushings. Since they are 99% metal, I thought you would feel everything through the steering wheel...well you don't. Excellent bushing. Strongly recommend!!!"
...that is one of my concerns that since it is a piece of metal will it be harsh when going down a bumpy road. Anyone else who has these installed on their tsx can you please chime in and explain more on the ride quality since that review does't tickle my fancy.

I'm in the same boat as you. The spherical compliance bushings definitely sound like a great upgrade over the OEM rubber bushings, but I'd hate to sacrifice too much comfort. I drive my little niece and nephew occasionally and they say my car is bumpy enough already! lol

I also wished Energy Susp. made poly ones for our car. They already have ones available for other late model Civics with similar LCAs. Maybe they have the same diameter and are interchangeable?? Someone buy a pair and measure. :D

Anyways, since it seems as though the TSX/Accord compliance bushings are susceptible to tearing, maybe it's only a matter of time before a poly one is made. *fingers crossed*
Same here brotha. My gf says my car is bumpy enough as is and Im not trying to get it any worse. The reason I emailed energy suspension was because I saw a video on youtube where this guy had replace his LCA on his civic. I thought wow that's a great upgrade and soon went on Energy Susp. website and to my luck they go by measurement. So thats when they got emailed asking if they had one available specifically for the tsx and they did not. I told them if there are any plans in the future to make them they can use my car for R&D since they're here in SoCal. I will try and be more persistant on the next email lol.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
How can you tell if it needs to be replaced?

·
DiRTBAG Jose!
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After 80k miles mine need replacing, I'll be going oem :dunno:
Mine started tearing around 66k and I'm at 98k.
How can you tell if it needs to be replaced?
I should of posted a video or pic, but look at the video Jeff posted.
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-problems-fixes/57120-compliance-bushings-likely-culprit.html

Honda Accord / Acura TSX Compliance Bushing - YouTube

Look for cracks and play I guess, I needa replace mine too. They stopped squeaking once the weather got warmer tho. Weerd
Great find on this video for an example.

·
DiRTBAG Jose!
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i went here for replacement lower arms.Discount Auto Parts, Tools & Accessories | StockWiseAuto..
can't beat their price.
Great price on both control arms. Do you have these installed on your car?
Same boat here. I have been looking for something more heavy-duty than the oem front bushing replacements but yet not as rigid as the all-metal ones. I have seen these on several parts sites, listed for the TSX:

2008 Acura TSX 4 Cyl 2.4L Base AST Suspension Control Arm Bushing at Auto Parts Network

View attachment 10713

They appear to be what I'm looking for. Anyone have any experience with them?
Great find now if anyone can give some insight on these.

·
Jon Daily Boulevard
5,554 Posts

·
DiRTBAG Jose!
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yup, installed them last month. was a strait shot install. didnt have to worry about pressing in any bushings
Thats awesome. Looks like I might just have to replace the LCA since for that price it seems like a steal.

I just cross checked the OEM part numbers for the Civic bushings with the TSX ones.

OEM Civic 51391-SNA-305
OEM TSX 51391-SDB-A01

Who wants to be the test mule, and measure these? They are about $10 each. :D
Doubt they would fit since it is a different part number, but if someone has an extra LCA laying around give it a shot.:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was considering the spherical bearings but my main concern is long-term wear. Ideally, those should have some sort of boot, like a CV joint boot or a tie-rod end boot, to prevent dirt/salt/etc. from getting into the spherical bearing. If/when I get those, I may have to buy a bunch of boots to find ones that might fit. That will prolong the life of those indefinitely I'd think.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.