Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few apparent leaks happening on with my car. I'd like to make sure there's nothing I need to take care of at this moment in order to keep my car working alright. Please provide any input you have! All pictures and descriptions are linked on my website below. I couldn't upload images here because they were all too big..

http://natedro.com/leaks.html

So, 3 leaks total.

First 3 pictures in link:
One appears to be big based on the first 3 pictures of the bottom of the car, but not a lot of fluid coming from the car that's staying on my driveway from this that I'm aware of.

Fourth Picture in Link:
The second leak is something I've read about before. The joint boot is leaking. It isn't major because every time I check the fluid, there's never any change. I keep an eye on it. Wanted some advice though. How long can this wait? (I'm not rich even slightly) What can I realistically expect to pay a reputable mechanic to fix it (not dealership.. they want almost $2000)? Etc...

Last Picture in Link:
The last leak is something that may not even be a leak. Is this a leak first and foremost? Second, if so, what is this for and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks for all of your help! I live on knowledge I gain from forums so thank you all in advance for any contributions to my issues.

Thanks,
Nate

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is your car an automatic?

based on the third pic, I can see the color of the fluid. It looks like oil. It's hard to say though since i'm not there a and can't trace it back to its source. You should already be checking your oil everyday if you know about the leak,. If not then start now. It must not be to bad of a leak if it isn't leaving a spot in the driveway.

Just because the leak is on that hose, doesn't mean its the hose itself. With all the crap in these engine bays, it probably is leaking from above the hose and traveling down it.

The last two pics...I wouldn't worry about.lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your car an automatic?

based on the third pic, I can see the color of the fluid. It looks like oil. It's hard to say though since i'm not there a and can't trace it back to its source. You should already be checking your oil everyday if you know about the leak,. If not then start now. It must not be to bad of a leak if it isn't leaving a spot in the driveway.

Just because the leak is on that hose, doesn't mean its the hose itself. With all the crap in these engine bays, it probably is leaking from above the hose and traveling down it.

The last two pics...I wouldn't worry about.lol.
Thanks for your help.

Yes, it's an automatic. Has ~90xxx miles. I put my finger on the part on the bottom frame and it wasn't very oily and didn't have much color to it. I wasn't able to maneuver my hand in there to feel what was on that hose, plus I had only been home a few minutes and didn't want to burn myself. So, I'll try to figure out what the fluid is in the next day or two. I'll check the oil and all the other fluids in the morning.

Honestly, I haven't been checking any fluids. Quite a few high stress things going on in my life, so unfortunately, car has taken the back seat. I guess that'll have to change so I don't ruin it.

Still could use anyone else's input or advice on these leaks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Part # 80315-SEA-013 is the hose leaking in the front for anyone else who runs across this in the future. It's the air conditioning discharge hose. The liquid on the frame at the bottom is refrigerant according to my brother.

The last thing he says is just a tiny little bit of tightening needed on the bolt? We'll see.

FWIW, my brother says my steering rack can go quite some time until I start noticing my power steering fluid level is dropping. At that point, I'll need to replace it. I've been monitoring it for over a year now and it hasn't fallen yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts