Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I just traded in my old 2000 nissan maxima for a new 2011 TSX, and damnit if I don't like everything about it except it's lack of power. I got the 4 cylinder thinking that I would cleverly save some money on insurance and gas and it would be quick enough...silly me. Since it is leased and I'm sure I want a new car in 3 years, I can't add a turbo, or an exhaust or anything like that, but I do desperately need about 30-40 horsepower more from it. I've looked into hondata reflashing but I'm not sure it's compatible with my 2011 4-cyl And i think that after having driven this thing for 120 miles I can't go back and re-negotiate for the v-6....any suggestions for hp gains?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I came from an 03 maxima which has the 3.5 rather than 3.0

I have a 6mt so the difference wasn't too noticeable..Its going to cost thousands to gain 30-40hp..probably not worth it at all for a lease

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the 11' 4 cylinder is faster than my 00' but you know I covet a bit more what do you think about:

Pulleys, new intake filter, possibly new cats?

I kinda want to get a little more out of this as chances are I may buy it when the lease is up, but I want all the add on's to be subtle and not too warranty busting...if I wanted to do that I'd toss a turbo in the beast for a few grand.

also can I tint and remove it later if I decide not to buy

sorry for all the annoying questions just little lost and couldn't find too much on the forums

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can tint without any issues as long as it meets the legal requirements in your state/province.

I came from a 05 Altima 3.5 and don't really notice a difference in power except when on the hwy crusing at 120 kms/h and step on it....the I4 just does not have the power the 6 did at those speeds.

However I am enjoying getting 650-700 kms on a tank of gas with mostly city driving compared to 450-500 on the Altima which had a 75 litre tank :p

·
Registered
203 Posts
have you tried flooring it? Wait till your break in period ends and do it. It goes pretty fast, I've tried a few times. It has power when you need it, as well as economy when you don't. - Biwinning!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Power

You also get a lot of power in the higher RPMs

·
Registered
78 Posts
if you wanted a fast car you should have bought a sports car. Who cares if a car like this is fast or not anyways, its an entry level sport sedan. I always laugh at people with fart cans thinking they are driving lambos or ferraris, who are they kidding? Sorry not to offend anyone but I have owned several 11 second or faster cars and if you aren't pushing 400 horsepower, who cares. It is a point A to point B car, nothing more. what are you are trying to prove in a 30K grocery getter?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
too late for the should have's. Just try to enjoy it-it only has 120 miles.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Its not so much the HP (+20 bhp is butt dyno questionable lol), its the extra weight + more importantly, the torque you miss.

I came from an 03 maxima which has the 3.5 rather than 3.0

I have a 6mt so the difference wasn't too noticeable..Its going to cost thousands to gain 30-40hp..probably not worth it at all for a lease
I came from an 03 i35, which is essentially a rebadged auto maxima..and I couldn't agree more with you.

The 6MT makes up for the shitty 4AT, and the only thing noticeable is power loss after 70-75mph.

K series power curve > VQ, all day any day.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Horsepower

I am happy with my 201 horsepower. I think the original poster will be too. After the break in period he can learn where the torque is and where the horsepower is. Just when you think you are at the end of the power range it opens up and pulls quickly to redline.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts