Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Hawaii where my TSX gets exposed to a lot of sun, I wanted to know any suggestions on some of the best solutions on taking care of the interior leather? So far i've tried the armoral leather care but that doesn't seen to condition very well.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Give this a try, you won't be disappointed.

Meguiar's NXT Generation Protectant uses Engineered Synthetic Polymers (ESP) to clean, condition and protect all vinyl, rubber and plastic surfaces. These materials require special treatment to preserve their original look, retain their elasticity, and protect them from fading. Meguiar's NXT Tech Protectant utilizes the highest concentration of ESP's blended with patented antiozonants to create the best all-in-one protectant on the market today!

- Creates shine & richness to dashboards, tires & trim.
- Helps restore original color to older, weathered surfaces.
- Patented Antiozonants help prevent premature aging and deterioration.
- Protects using UVA/UVB inhibitors to help reduce fading and cracking.

The last one is particularly useful in your case.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Does anyone know if the tsx seat are real leather or just parts of the seat ?
I had an accord where part of the seal are vinyl and the vinyl part cracked like crazy..

i bought a small bottle of this.. just dont know if the tsx seat are full leather or hybrid..
http://www.turtlewax.com/products/pages/t-96.htm

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
i use the DUPONT teflon wipes to protect. pretty good at keeping scuffs and dust off.
smells like a sweaty gym locker room when applied. smell goes away after it dries.

and to condition, I use Maguire's rich leather care, its got aloes and stuff in it for the leather. very oily/greasy when applied, but after drying, it looks & feels like new.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I personally wouldn't use any plastic / rubber / "other surfaces" cleaners or conditioners on leather. I have never had a leather seat crack in the 6 years I've had cars with leather seats. Anything by Meguires or Lexol is an excellent product to use. Lexol sells separate leather cleaners and conditioners and I know that for our Saab it was the only thing they recommended. Lots of other posts I've come across have recommended products by Meguires, they sell both cleaners and conditioners as well as combined products. Apply this about as often as you wash your car. It's not possible, AFAIK, to over condition your leather, but it only has to overdry once to crack. Good luck, and enjoy your car!

·
gas-aholic
208 Posts
Meguiar's stuff is pretty good. their "lotion" ish leather care dealies work really well. rub it into the seats and then wipe off with a clean towel to dab off any residue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought the lexol for another car I have and it worked great. It comes in a 2 step cleaner and conditioner. I used it on an older mercedes and it worked great. from what the mercedes folks say, the best cleaner around is some stuff called leatherique. They use it on high end european cars like rolls-royce, ferraris, mercedes, ect. only problem is its pretty expensive and you have to order it online or go to an exotic car dealer. I am going to lexol my acura's seats some time this week.

·
Registered
60 Posts
04tsx said:
from what the mercedes folks say, the best cleaner around is some stuff called leatherique. They use it on high end european cars like rolls-royce, ferraris, mercedes, ect. only problem is its pretty expensive and you have to order it online or go to an exotic car dealer. I am going to lexol my acura's seats some time this week.
Leatherique is the way to go. It is steps beyond all other leather cleaners and conditioners/rejuvenators. I supply both Lexol and Leatherique and there is no comparison between the two. The process is pretty elaborate but the results are amazing. Ideally you want to heat up the leather and create a sauna type effect to have the contaminates rise to the surface for easy cleaning. Feel free to contact me for more info.

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image

·
Registered
60 Posts
Leatherique works great on vinyl as well. Safe and will clean and rejuvenate it with proper oils, etc. Leatherique comes in 2 steps, their cleaner - pristine clean and their rejuvenator oil. I can list out the process I recommend to my clients if you wish.

Sincerely,

George

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
bigjorge3g said:
Leatherique works great on vinyl as well. Safe and will clean and rejuvenate it with proper oils, etc. Leatherique comes in 2 steps, their cleaner - pristine clean and their rejuvenator oil. I can list out the process I recommend to my clients if you wish.

Sincerely,

George
I would love to see what the process is. So I would have to purchase both Leatherique products and it works for leather and vinyl?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes it will work with both leather and vinyl. I will post the process tomorrow, I am on my way out for the night. Take care.

George

·
Registered
60 Posts
Process for Leatherique:

1. Wipe down the seats w/ a damp cloth
2. Vacuum out the seats and crevices to make sure you are starting w/ a clean surface, meaning no debris.
3. Remove head rests and follow the same steps listed below on them
4. Apply the Rejuvenator Oil (the darker bottle) to the seats by hand
*** Pay close attention and use a liberal amount around the seams and stitching***
5. Once desired area has Rejuvenator Oil applied, heat up the surface to bring the contaminates up to the surface, I use a hair dryer to heat it up instantly (becareful though you don't want to have it burn anything like plastic trim, etc.), others let it sit outside in the heat to create a sauna type effect for hours.
6. Wipe off the heated surface w/ Pristine Clean (lighter bottle) this should be a clean surface w/ no stains.
*Stubborn stains may need more than 1 application of rejuvenator oil. Stains or contaminants remove the easiest when the surface is warm/hot.
7. Let the Pristine Clean sit until next seat is completed (5-15mins)
8. Wipe off the penetrated Pristine Clean with a Warm Damp Cloth / Microfiber towel
9. Buff dry with a new cloth. Leatherique will not leave an oily residue or glossy shine to the leather. It is a gorgeous matte finish that won't leave you slipping around.
10. Enjoy your revived seats :)

Sincerely,

George

1 - 13 of 13 Posts