Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys , just wondering about our cars interior. What types of products do you use on the the leather, to keep it looking nice and fresh. wipes? sprays?? thanx

·
Registered
250 Posts
some friend of mine, that he heard it from the Lexus IS people, saying that we have pleather :squint:
It's possible. I hardly think any car is real leather these days with all the cut in costs and all. Worth searching and looking into though.

·
Registered
356 Posts
IMO... We got better looking interior and seat quality material than lexus.. Lexus dries out quick and cracks.

Not sure about the new IS thoughn I havent really seen it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey ELBORICUA300 my buddy told me he uses the same thing, Meguirs, I guess thats the winner Ill give it a try. Thanx dude

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
i love pleather..... i use meguiar spray and it works wonders for me ...

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
A bit of advice for those that use leather cleaner. Some leather cleaner comes with UV protectant while some don't. I use Lexol Leather Cleaner and it DOES NOT protect against UV rays. I always follow up with 303 Aerospace to add that UV protectant to the leather seats if the cleaner doesn't have UV protectant.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Did a bit more searching around and this is what I've gathered.

Honda/Acura uses both pleather and leather. The leather being used is actually coated. So using products that are creamed base or was intended to be used on bare/uncoated leather isn't recommended. These products were made to be absorbed into the leather to work. Since our leather is coated, the leather wont absorb the product.

Any spray or wipe on product that adds protection to the surface works just fine.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
^Yup. That's why I don't use leather conditioner because the leather doesn't even absorb the conditioner due to the coating.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I don't mind that it's pleather. Quite honestly, our pleather is alot less work to maintain then some of the other leather interiors out there. My dad's lexus is so soft. It's nice to sit in but its a pain to keep nice and I can see it tearing really easily.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts