Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems like my leather seats are getting wrinkly and ****ed up and ive only driven my car for 5k miles, is anyone else experiencing the same problem and is there a way i could prevent or help it?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
it seems like my leather seats are getting wrinkly and ****ed up and ive only driven my car for 5k miles, is anyone else experiencing the same problem and is there a way i could prevent or help it?
I have that problem too. I don't think you can do anything to prevent it. It's a normal wear and tear item

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
One thing I am very conscious of is making sure I don't sit on the outer leg bolster (the one closest to the door on the driver's side) when getting into and out of my car. That is the part that is most prone to getting messed up because of those frequent movements.

·
Jeff
902 Posts
I have that problem too. I don't think you can do anything to prevent it. It's a normal wear and tear item
i read your post from another thread saying that its not advisable to use leather conditioner on our seats? i just bought some lexol conditioner and that meguiars cleaner+ conditioner BEFORE reading that post, but do you think it would be ok to use the lexol conditioner and top it off with 303 aerospace every month or so?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
i read your post from another thread saying that its not advisable to use leather conditioner on our seats? i just bought some lexol conditioner and that meguiars cleaner+ conditioner BEFORE reading that post, but do you think it would be ok to use the lexol conditioner and top it off with 303 aerospace every month or so?
Using a leather conditioner is fine. It won't hurt the leather. It will help the leather but only very little due to the coating. The leather will absorb very little of the conditioner, that's why you might see a bit of residue left behind after applying the conditioner.

If you want to apply 303 after applying conditioner, just make sure to wipe as much of the conditioner off as you can

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
i have that too and it bugs me :( i've seen some leather rejuvenation where they turn wrinkly old leather seats into brand new looking ones. pretty cool, try finding it on google though i dont have a link or anything lol

·
Banned
19 Posts
Custom Seat Covers’ Leather Seat Covers give you the ultimate in comfort with the highest quality soft, genuine leather. Get the look and comfort of a luxury sedan with our ultra-smooth, premium leather at a fraction of the cost of the dealer leather package. Plus, our state-of-the-art custom tailoring process uses precision patterns cuts your seat covers to the exact size of vehicle’s original seats, resulting in a snug and factory-like fit.

These leather seat covers provide more than just custom good looks, they also provide protection that is built to last! With reinforced seams along all of the edges and UV treatment, these seat covers are made to withstand splitting, tearing, and fading for years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts