Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To All Euro owners,

Examine the leather cover just above the steering wheel controller buttons. There should be two ends or tip.

Have you noticed the tip (can be the right hand side or the left hand side, or both) poking upwards? Maybe the leather is warping due to heat? I have seen it in many of the Euros. Only the RHS of my leather tip was sticking up a bit. I dont think this would be covered by warranty, just a design fault thing.

I am curious if anyone out there have noticed this or are affected.

Guzzy :patty:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Wanna take a picture to show exactly what you mean? I don't quite get what you're trying to say.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Noel,

Here are the pics to show you what I meant. I know it is hard to describe without the photos. I suppose the TSX steering wheel is wrapped differently than the Euro.

As I said, mine was not too bad but i have seen worse! Some were sticking quite far up. I think it is ugly.

I am sure this is common to 2003/2004 model. I wonder if this has been fixed in the 2005 model.

Guzzy

Attachments

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Yes come to think of it, I think mine has a little of this sticking out as well. Nothing to annoy me but it does look like a manufacturing concern. I'm sure you can attempt a warranty claim for a new one from your dealership if you're persistent enough. Like you've said, it varies on how bad it is.

I just checked my colleagues 05, it hasn't much changed. Same thing.

G

·
OMGGGGGGGGGG
lollll
yeh i took delivery of my euro 4 days ago
first thing i noticed was that!
i thought i was unluky but obviously its a deisgn flaw
mines on the left hand side, its a pain, cause its the only dodgey thing in the car ive found, and its always staring u in the face!

also anyone notice the side doors rattle on the inside sometimes when u blast the stereo really loudly, like from where the sidebags are?

also mines an 05 spec car, so they still havent rectifyed problem it seems.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Might want to take it back to the dealership and request for a warranty replacement. I just checked mine again, glad to say I don't have this problem on either side.

G

·
Its not a big problem
like its just a minor sort of tear, barely a couple millimetres high.
not worth the hassle of whinging

1 - 7 of 7 Posts