Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just swapped my halogen interior bulbs for led interior bulbs. I have successfully installed them however my two front dome lights seem to be partially on. Is it suppose to be like this.

fyi i don't want my dome lights to light up when i open my doors.

Can anybody help ?

Thanks

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I just swapped my halogen interior bulbs for led interior bulbs. I have successfully installed them however my two front dome lights seem to be partially on. Is it suppose to be like this.

fyi i don't want my dome lights to light up when i open my doors.

Can anybody help ?

Thanks
This is normal. Same thing happen to me but I leave my settings to "Door" so I don't get the partial light.

If you have the dome set to "Off" and your door is open, you will get partial light.

But this is nothing to worry as when the rest of your interior light turns off when you start the car or lock the door, the partial dome light will turn off as well.

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
Weird, I replaced the dome light with an 6 led in my 92 civic today, set it to door, and it does the same thing. Very dimly lit when the door is shut. Its not a timer either, I have the base of base models lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
same problem here, doesnt bother me as i always have it set to door, but when i dont want them on they do light up very faint, its not enough to make a big deal if you ask me lol, but I think it just has to do with the LEDs on oem Sockets?

·
Drive It Like U Stole It
249 Posts
naw this is norm just put it to door switch and they dont lite dim like that only if u have them on the off setting they do that idky just how they r probly cuz they r LEDs n not hologen ...not a big deal..it dont matta what kinda LEDs i put in the front dome lites they still do that..

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
im having a mixture of problems, mine turn on dimly too, my door lock actuator went up the same time as i put in my leds, i also noticed, the leds in the map lights dont come on when i open the doors, but the dor puddle lights do, when i start the car, then the map lights turn on with the door being open, they work when pushed to turn on reguardless of key being on. i thought i blew a fuse bt i cant find anything, can this problem be caused by the door actuator going bad? thus not controlling the light function? my power door locks also dont work when the car is not on, but work once the key is on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts