MMsTSX
wlctl
rex.

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
Okay, so done deal.
Round one has been closed!

Pending someone dropping out on the above list that is.

Just let us know when they're ready, with pictures and all.
Thanks a bunch!

·
CL9 Tuner
549 Posts
bump for update?

·
Purveyor of Pimperage
232 Posts
no lights yet?

·
Purveyor of Pimperage
232 Posts
i said let there be LED's and........

·
CL9 Tuner
549 Posts
...blank... no leds ><

ahahhah give him more time... ppls are getting busy

but updates please :D

·
Purveyor of Pimperage
232 Posts
just checkin in thread kinda went dead

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
any updates with this? are the chinese too busy with the olympics.

KIDDING, KIDDING.

·
n/a
8,573 Posts
Aren't these to expensive for LED door lights? Can't I just purchase one from superbrightled.com that comes with interior led's and license plate led together for like 25 bucks or something like that?

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
Could go with just an LED bulb, but these are an LED array. Pretty trick looking and even looking light dispersion.

:fro:

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
yeah, i think the way the light glows with the bulb alone is only one specific direction. it's not very spread out.

this pattern is a lot better. plus, i've heard some stories that those bulbs end up acting funny b/c of fitment issues, particularly with the map or dome lights.

i think if these are installed, plus the already stock blue lighting, and if you add some blue interior LEDs under the dash by your feet, it'll look nice.

·
CL9 Tuner
549 Posts
Round 1 LED... FAIL :buttkick:

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
i actually got blue led bulbs from superbrightleds just to see what they look like. they're nice, but the light dispersion isn't really that great. the light is still all concentrated specifically at the bulb (got the 6 node one).

anyways, i'd still like to get these just b/c with the number of LEDs spaced out on the board, the whole housing will be lit blue, rather than the dead center where the light is the strongest for those bulbs.

·
, Administrator/Moderator, Entertainment
7,303 Posts
He hasnt been on in months and if you want better light dispersion instead of having it concentrated on single spot. lightly sand each bulb it will disperse the light better.

·
Registered
68 Posts
sanding the tip does improve width, but causes more internal reflection and you lose a small amount of output strength if finely sanded. You lose a lot when the sanding is too coarse. A board of LED's is still the way to go if you want brighter.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts