Acura TSX Forum banner

Which colour LED door sill would you want?

• Cool White

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Natural White

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Warm White

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ultraviolet (Purple)

• Blue

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Green

• Yellow

• Amber

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Red

Votes: 1 3.6%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a new set of illuminated LED door sills. www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-electronics/55850-diy-guide-illuminated-door-sills-1st-gen-tsx.html#post805051
I plan to sell these on TSXclub, but I need to order the parts I need. Specifically, I need to choose the LED color to use!
So if the members can comment and vote on which color they think they would like, I can see what is most popular!
The colors available:
Cool White 6000K (pure white)
Natural White (4500K)
Warm White (Warm White, 3300K)
Ultraviolet (Purple)
Blue
Green
Yellow
Amber
Red

Time to completion involves a few factors:
*sill package is currently shipping in
*LEDs have not been ordered yet, this shipping usually takes a while.
*I'm on holidays two weeks over christmas.
So these will have to come out probably late January/early February.
$ Pricing will reflect the cost of materials, time, and the fact that you will own one of only two hand crafted products. It may also be based on demand i.e put up on eBay with a reserve price. Not sure yet, that's down the road

·
Registered
856 Posts
Very interested, looking for link. Would want a 5K white, guessing that would be Natural.

·
Registered
831 Posts
+1 on 5K white, any more info that you can provide ? Price ? Time Estimate ? etc etc ??? pics would be dope !!!!!!! thanks and looking forward to this :D

De5

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Updated original post with some info, link. Sorry to Autoguide users, the formatting will suck unless you "open in safari".
I will get more pics up next week. I flew out of town so I can't take any at the moment :). In my experience the cool white is a crisp white where as the natural white is a tinge yellow. It will mostly depend on the color of your courtesy lights too. Come to think of it, I may be able to include those as a full cosmetic package (just the door probably).

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
I would be down too. Waiting for more info

·
Registered
856 Posts
Talk to the manufacturer and ask for temperatures. Guessing game is gonna suck for matching. I have 5K aftermarket through inside and outside, so after what you said, I guess cool white -- but that sounds like 6K+ blue look.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Manufacture colour temp varies. Manufacturers I've bought from call pure white = 6kK. Others say hint of blue. I will have to check what I have. I'll send them a message later too.
Big issue is: pure white vs blue vs red etc. Maybe I gave too many options, but the warm white would be closest match to halogens.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let's be clear though, there is only ONE set of these planned. So there isn't a list of buyers, there's competition for just one. If I can get my hands on more sills for cheap I may try more, but it's a hell of a lot of work. I just recently got some shop space to work on things.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bulb temps added according to manufacturer

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sounds awesome!

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
natural white and Id be interested..pending price. I need to spruce up the interior somehow!
Natural white will look like incandescent bulbs (yellowish) - just so you know!

We'll see on how further voting goes.

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
I'd prefer blue LEDs to try and match the provided blue colored lights on the center console; it would flow smooth on the TSX in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On a tangent, no matter how many times I turn off signature in Autoguide, it just keeps turning itself on. What a piss off!

·
Registered
831 Posts
hey Aragrev quick question will yoube making the metal inserts yourself or will you be buying the OEM ones with the "ACURA" already etched into it? if you will be making them yourself would there be a possibility of having it say "HONDA" instead of "ACURA" ????

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey Aragrev quick question will yoube making the metal inserts yourself or will you be buying the OEM ones
Hey DeS,
I just bought the OEM ones, so I will be dremeling out the Acura. It has been a while since I did mine, so the amount of effort required has loosened its hold on me. Makes me willing to try again. If I had better tools (don't know what else I could use really- a tool that is practical for me to buy and use as I have to travel to a shop).
However, of I do get on with more projects, I may be willing to do this work on a HONDA set!
Remember, there is still wiring involved into your car, and although I can help, I make no guarantees or warranties!

·
Registered
831 Posts
well i kinda know on how to set up a ghetto mettal press that would allow you to make your own "plates" out of sheet metal :p if you ever want to make your own hit me up and ill draw you a schematic :p all you really need is 2 pieces of wood and something with enough force to "clamp" them down :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts