Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Offical Noob
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes, I searched but could not find what I was looking for. I'd like to simply replace all the bulbs in my tail lights (not backups though) with a LED bulb.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Home page the tail lights basically consist of 3 bulb sizes you got the 168 in the rear side markers, you got the 7440 in reverse , rear turn signal and 3rd break light ( also called high mount stop light ) and you got the 7443 in the break/stop light unless i am wrong then someone jump in and correct me. So if you want to replace the bulbs with LEDs you need to search for LEDs with those numbers ie. 7440 LED Red or 168 LED Amber etc etc etc. hope that helps. PS VLEDS has good quality stuff some of them cost a bit but remember you get what you pay for.

~De5

·
Offical Noob
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Home page the tail lights basically consist of 3 bulb sizes you got the 168 in the rear side markers, you got the 7440 in reverse , rear turn signal and 3rd break light ( also called high mount stop light ) and you got the 7443 in the break/stop light unless i am wrong then someone jump in and correct me. So if you want to replace the bulbs with LEDs you need to search for LEDs with those numbers ie. 7440 LED Red or 168 LED Amber etc etc etc. hope that helps. PS VLEDS has good quality stuff some of them cost a bit but remember you get what you pay for.

~De5
yes that helps alot, thank you. One last question though. Replacing the incandescent bulbs with LEDs will it cause a fault or CEL?

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Only for the turn light. And there is no fault, just a quicker cycle of your signal. :).
LED reverse lights can be MUCH brighter than stock bulbs. In case you thought they weren't. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.