Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
didn't know where this would go, maybe sound systems, but it's LED specific so i figured it'd get the most attention here. Anyway, i was planning on messing around with building a sub enclosure for a shelf audio system at home. Ordered two alpine type E 12's. Anyway, i wanted to do a plexiglass top and have light from inside the box shine through. so would those LED light strips on ebay be able to hold up to the vibration inside the box or would they get chewed up? I'd order something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/30-LED-Strip-Car-Lights-24-Flexible-Light-Bar-Line-W_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33713QQihZ009QQitemZ190206970487QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
and then mount it inside so the plexi glass top will glow.

Thanks and if there are better suggestions for lighting inside a sub box that could hold up to vibration, please let me know. Or if there is a better way to get a similar look.

·
Registered
283 Posts
It would depend on the build quality of these leds. But I can almost gaurantee you that the vibrations shouldnt be an issue. As i said, the only thing that would be an issue is the contruction of the strip, the LEDS themselves can withstand a lot so im sure vibrations will be okay.

So far none of the leds i have installed in my car have died, including the liscence plate leds (I live in Montreal, climate is always different and our streets are full of potholes).

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot. I'll be sure to be checking in on the R8 style LED project and purchase them if they come to fruition. Thanks again for the quick reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts