Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinkig about putting leds i the doors and overhead lights, blue or bright whites....any one do this yet and how does it look?????can you read at night if you have too?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
White would no doubt increase visibility, blue is more for looks. I personally use white bulbs all round inside and out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ..was thining the sme....same...dang keyboard.....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G5 Server, but need a mac keyboard wireless, mac store is about 100 miles awy....

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
i have blue leds in all the interior bulb places. Visibilty isnt that great for reading but, I still like it alot, i dont need much light at night, blue gives a bit more of a stealthy look or something... i dont know :lol:

I'd also replaced the lights that light up the license plate. I got 2 194 bright white led bulbs and the look is really cool compared to the dull stock color. Gives the light sort of a blueish purple color.

Total, i replaced
2 - leds for overhead light
2 - led for each front door
1 - dome led for rear overhead light
1 - led for the trunk light
2 - led for the license plate

total came to around 35 with shipping, very please with the results for such a cheap and easy mod. If you do end up getting leds, id reccomend getting an extra 1 or 2 of each just incase one breaks or burns out. I had to place a 2nd order because some broke.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've replaced all the interior and door lights with blue LEDs. You cant really read with them. I use the vanity lights for reading. They give off surpirsingly good reading light.

·
Registered
43 Posts
CSpaR said:
I've replaced all the interior and door lights with blue LEDs. You cant really read with them. I use the vanity lights for reading. They give off surpirsingly good reading light.

Which lights are these? The Tec-Toyz kit? Are the doors 6- or 9-LED? If they're 6-LED, I'd think that the 9's must be glaring brite. And what about the interior, 4-LED?

Peregrine, how do the ones in this pic compare with your 9's in the doors?

·
, Moderator Emerita
17,179 Posts
CSpaR said:

WOW...dope lights and shot!!!! :bowdown1:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
6,313 Posts
I use Tec-Toyz blue LED's inside and white LED's for license plate, and white cold cathode tubes for trunk lights. I use 9-LEDs for doors and license plate, but the rest are 4LED's.. bright enough for me to read things.

They are easy to install:
For doors, just use a flattip screw driver and pry out the cover from the top. For the map lights, pry from the inside to out (middle to outter). for the dome lights, pry from where the switch is. When replacing the bulbs, try to use your hand/fingers rather than screwdriver, you might short circuit the circuit and blow a fuse :p. For the license plate lights, you have to remove the trunk liner from the trunk and there will be 2 plugs on top, near rear window area, and just unplug those, and replace the bulbs.

I posted some pictures and they're in the Gallery/Pics section.. somewhere in the old threads called (blue interior leds?)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts