Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I say let them fail. If you can't manage your money wisely or you invest in risky instruments, expect to get burned. We never should have bailed out Bear Stearns either. And BofA just bought Merrill Lynch for $50 billion in stock.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
I agree with Acid...I don't think the recent Fed takeover stuff is wise. Yeah, these type of things make a not-so-good economic situation look even worse.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not for government intervention, either. But it doesn't look good...

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
The market will get over it. The Dow has been bouncing up and down between 11K and 12K for months now. Oil is below $96 a barrel and the dollar is still raising, although that won't last long.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oil is below $96, yet gas prices are rising. Here, unleaded is selling $1.49 a liter (3.78 liters per US gallon).

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Oil is below $96, yet gas prices are rising. Here, unleaded is selling $1.49 a liter (3.78 liters per US gallon).
Due to the Gulf Coast hurricane scare (see oil rigs & refineries). They should be coming down soon, but they are never fast about coming down on gas prices but they will sure will go up fast! :banghead:

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
oil is down to $92 dollars in early overnight trading.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
http://business.maktoob.com/NewsDetails-20070423137975-US_at_tipping_point_toward_recession_Lehman_Brothers.htm

If you escaped recession until now, it may not be long before you are in one. Historically, this has led to Democratic wins.

Just yesterday, McCain was saying that the economy was strong, only to say the contrary 30 minutes later... Who's going to advise him on economic matters? Palin? LOL
No [email protected]#$! And even more funny, mccaint helped create Blackberry:
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20080916/McCain.BlackBerry/

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Oh, and he has 9 houses, not 7!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL! He doesn't even know how to use a computer or send an email!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
time for some of them banker to trade in their Range Rovers, M5s, Porsches for an Acura

·
Registered
2,119 Posts

·
Autobahn Stormer
434 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts