Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the stock suspension, but I'm fed up with the sway in turns.

I don't want a much rougher ride than stock, but I would appreciate more level body during turns and less dive. Better body control. A mild drop would be nice. No squeak please.

Any suggestion? A-Spec? Neuspeed Koni Yellow? Stiffer lowering spring?

Thanks!

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Tein Comfort Sport!

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
I have it, its on full stiff and still rides comfortably with a hint of stiffness. I used to have TEIN SS and I hated those...unbearable gave me headaches on long commutes haha.

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
You could upgrade your rear sway bar, that helps a bit too.
+1 and much cheaper than suspension.

Iono if its still around but I read great reviews on Tanabe coilovers. Tein Comfort Sport is probably the way to go but its pricey in comparison to a lot of coils.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really? Didn't we had issue with thick rsb breaking subframe or end link? I thought Marcus even looked into subframe enforcement before... I don't want to risk that by going thicker... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have it, its on full stiff and still rides comfortably with a hint of stiffness. I used to have TEIN SS and I hated those...unbearable gave me headaches on long commutes haha.
Marcus coilovers shootout said the cst sways more then stock! Wtf... :banghead:

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Well I do have the bottom front and rear chassis brace and progress sway bar so I think the sway is less than the stock ones, I wish I could let you drive my car and see for yourself.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool. How's your monoflex? Does it make tsx feel like a bimmer? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I dont think I can even give an opinion. I was going to say my Tein SS feel pretty soft and comfortable. Semi remind me of having Koni yellows and H&R springs on my old Prelude.

But someone else mentioned the Tein SS was super stiff. So maybe my perspective is a bit off. LOL.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am really not looking for all handling. I would appreciate preserving the luxury and sophisticated feel that stock brings. I would look at the bimmer as the benchmark.

Thank you :thumbup:

·
Registered
874 Posts
a while ago i emailed Marcus @ Heeltoeauto.com for the same ISSUE/ IDEA wanting bmw feel....this is what he answered.

For a BMW feel I would get the following:
1- HT-Spec chassis braces
2- Koni shocks, the yellow ones listed in the HT-Spec area
3- H&R springs

This combo of mild springs and high end shocks that are adjustable for firmness will keep the car very comfortable yet have a very controlled body movement. It will also allow you to fine tune the firmness to get the comfort/performance balance that is right for you. The bracing is what makes up for what the Acura loses over the BMW. Chassis rigidity is a hugely important factor in tuning suspension. It allows you to get away with milder suspension setups but get the road feel that you need to drive the car fast. The secret to BMW handling is in the dampers and in the chassis rigidity.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Koni shocks + H&R Springs? Is that the same or different from the Neuspeed Super Cup Kit?

Interesting point about the chassis braces... I wonder if they really make a big difference.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts