Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Just wondering if anyone can post step by step instructions for replacing license plate bulbs. There was a previous thread about this topic but nobody seemed to step up and really explain it. I've tried to get at it from inside the trunk and from the outside with no luck.

Also, while we're at it, anyone know how to change cubby light? I've replaced all other lights in the car with LED's and these are the only 2 that seem to be giving me trouble. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
first of all, you're gonna have to remove the trunk lining..and there are two types of screws you will have to remove..one requires a screw driver and the other you can gently pry out using floss or a knife..

once you get the lining off..open the trunk all the way, the license plate bulbs are held in place with clips on both sides of the bulb holder. all you have to do is wiggle it up and down (towards the sky and ground) and gently pull it out. be sure not to be too rough or you can break the plastic clips that holds it in place.

also refer to the LED Replacement Guide for more directions..

i hope i helped!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hEY!

Yeah, that is the best info i've received so far. I actually had the trunk lining partially off when I replaced the reverse lights with LED's. Since I had it halfway off, I thought i'd give a quick try at the plate bulbs but there are two black "handles" that still keep the lining in place. Is that the thing that the dental floss is for like you mentioned? I will give another try at it when the weather permits. Thanks for the reply! Anyone have anything else to add to this procedure?

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Ashyne said:
hEY!

Yeah, that is the best info i've received so far. I actually had the trunk lining partially off when I replaced the reverse lights with LED's. Since I had it halfway off, I thought i'd give a quick try at the plate bulbs but there are two black "handles" that still keep the lining in place. Is that the thing that the dental floss is for like you mentioned? I will give another try at it when the weather permits. Thanks for the reply! Anyone have anything else to add to this procedure?
if we're talking about the same thing..the two black handles you can just slowly peel around...just guide the lining around the rubber piece and its fine. its just in place to hold the thing together! :)

i can take some pics tonight after work if you'd like

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
yeah i just replaced my license plate lights with leds. Looks very nice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts