Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After fixing the flexpipe on my 04, my love to my beloved TSX is back, so once I put on a set of new tire, it should be as good as new. However, so sudden! we decided to let my daughter has her dream come through and get a puppy for her... and it is not a small one, it is a husky! Now it is still a small puppy but it will grown to a full size MDX like big dog in less than a year! So I am sure the TSX & 335i coupe combination won't do any good for us anymore...

So any suggestion! here are the solutions that came to my head!
First option is to replace TSX with
1, 328i Touring - still available in MT, well rounded with all the features that I want but new F10 is coming soon (rumor is no more touring for F10) and dun really want 2 bmw
2, A4 Avant - very sexy but no MT, still not that trust VW reliability
3, STi 5 door - nice and flashy looking even on its end of life cycle but will it be too boy racer as a family car and driven by a 40+ old fart! will it be still too small for a family with 2 kids and a big dog? no memory seat and harsh ride is also one of my big concern!
4, Outback - available in MT & cheap but ugly and under power...

Second option is to add a 3rd car/suv(new or used, auto is ok) that under $30k such as a CRV, Forester, Fit, Rav 4, Mazda 3 GT...etc. dunno much about those non-sporty car! But dunno... is it kind of a waste to get a 3rd for just if we have to travel with the dog! Well, we are not those family that like to travel. We usually stay at home for long weekend.

Third option is to stay as is! rent a suv if we plan to travel with the dog. And for short commute and need to bring the dog then we just drive both cars. And wait for a 2 more yr(I can live with a 10yr old car max) and see what available in the market! I still kind of hate suv! I can live with a sexy wagon but better come in MT, with all the bell & whistle and not going to made my whole family throw up or my back broken after a long trip!

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
I would go with the Sti 5 door.

Kinda off topic but your really going to get a new vehicle because of a pet?

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
Ian, just stay as is (for now) and rent if need be. I know there's at least 2 members here with full grown Huskies (saw the pics either here or Azine). Seems to be better to wait and see how the TSX is with the larger dog, since none of your options satisfy your criteria fully.

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
lol^^

Cr-v or forrester :)

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Hey Ian, I remember reading that the Honda Element and possibly CR-V are supposed to be the most pet friendly vehicles. However, I would also ask myself how often I would be driving the dog around before trading in.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I know I won't be happy to drive a CR-V or element! Even I lost interested on modding but I still enjoy driving. So that's why if I going to trade the TSX, it must be something fun to drive but still very practical. So I will be looking into a sport wagon. I know I am very picky! I want MT, sporty but still want all the bell & whistle. Seems like at this moment no car able to fit my desire! Well... still have 6mth before it really growing big.

BTW, I love my TSX but there are a few things I really hate!
1, the fold down seat is useless! why Honda put a triangle on the lower edge of the trunk and block the pass through! my 335i coupe able to carry more stuff when seat is folded down! I am a family guy, I still have to do a lot of big items shopping once a while!
2, why 04 didn't come with memory seat & memory side mirror! I hate to change the seat position everytime after my wife drove it! even my old retarded 328i has memory seat!
3, why 04 didn't come with bluetooth hand free! even I spent hours & hours and hundreds & hundreds tried to fit an aftermarket bt on my dash without all the messy wire all around but then it still keep dropping call, not able to connect, contract not sync...etc. no matter what phone I use and what unit I get! The electronic nightmare bmw never give me a single problem on the bt handsfree
4, why 04 didn't take usb for music! I hate my ipod adapter! It is my 4th one! the previous 3 were dead with no reason and this 4th one never work when temp below 0 or it will drain all my battery...

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Upgrade to an 06+ MT Navi TSX with low miles, it'll feel like a totally new car and you'll have all the features you're looking for.

For the dog, the Honda Element is probably the most pet friendly vehicle ever made that I've seen, infact they even offered a dog package as an option! Plus the seats can fold away really cleverly. You can get a used manual Element for 13-15K with less than 150k and it'll last you forever and be of use in the winter with AWD.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Upgrade to an 06+ MT Navi TSX with low miles, it'll feel like a totally new car and you'll have all the features you're looking for.

For the dog, the Honda Element is probably the most pet friendly vehicle ever made that I've seen, infact they even offered a dog package as an option! Plus the seats can fold away really cleverly. You can get a used manual Element for 13-15K with less than 150k and it'll last you forever and be of use in the winter with AWD.
If I going to trade in my TSX, I will only looking for brand new and most latest model. Suppose the 328i Touring fit my requirement but the only thing is... it is outdated! new F30 is coming soon! I really hate the feeling when I saw E46 330i on the road after 5 mth I got my brand new E46 328i! I have been hate the car for owning it all 7 yr! But if it is only a car that I only drive once a while than it is ok. That's why for an extra car, I dun mind if it is used or outdated or auto. But getting a 3rd car is still kind of a waste. My TSX is already 8yr old so no matter what I am going to trade for a new car in less than 2 yr. So the most logical choice is to get a decent sexy looking wagon that I will be happy to drive it for the next 8-10yr. Well... maybe let's do the rental idea and see what option coming up in the next 2 yr. Maybe MT F30 wagon will still come in NA! or A4/S4 Avant will be offer MT next year! or Outback will have a facelift and make it not ugly anymore... :laugh:

BTW wasn't Element only come with auto?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
BTW wasn't Element only come with auto?
Nope, the Element came in manual as well as the 2nd generation CR-V which is also findable used for around 10-12k.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Toronto
782 Posts
you have two options.

1. roof rack
2. ford f650

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Having been here for a while again! I still have my dog and still have my TSX but just added to the solution is...

a 2013 Audi S5 prem 6MT. But after I take delivery the car for 2 days with only 70km in total, engine light came on and need to replace one of the valve drive unit! So a brand new Audi drove for 2 days and 40km then back to shop for 4 days... ew... glad I keep the TSX instead of trade it in for a S4!:slap:

Will post up better pic later, it is going to be a nightmare to wash 3 car together and take a good pic on my stable:toocool:

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
So I am sure the TSX & 335i coupe combination won't do any good for us anymore...
So you add another fast coupe for the dog...seems about right :laugh:

Beautiful S5 :cheers:

Nothing like VW/Audi reliability :rotz: What did the dealer have to say about this incident?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So you add another fast coupe for the dog...seems about right :laugh:

Beautiful S5 :cheers:

Nothing like VW/Audi reliability :rotz: What did the dealer have to say about this incident?
They just keep apologize and willing to fix it as their first priority. And they will negotiate some freebie from Audi Canada for me. I placed the custom order through the dealer and not pick one my from their lot. So I won't blame them since it is not their fault.

We know about the reliability of Audi but we keep turning our head on a S5 after we got our 335 so my wife just execute her power over me! buy a S5 or she going to buy a Hermes!:bill:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts