Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm a new owner of a silver 2004 tsx 6-speed up in montreal (woohoo!). i'm still learning about all the features on this car, and one thing that puzzles me are the 3 headlight settings: when they are set on the "off" position but the car is running, the secondary, non-HID headlights are still on (these could be the DRL's, which are mandatory up in canada). the next, middle setting on the light stalk is supposedly the "parking light" setting, where the secondary lights remain lit, and now the amber lights are lit as well. the final setting has the HID's lit, and this i know to be the main setting for night time driving. my question is which setting, between the first "off" setting and the second "parking lights" setting, should i be using in normal daytime driving?

Cheers,

WS

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
:woot: Hello, welcome and congrats!! :wavey:

Yes, Canadian models have Daytime Running Lamps (they're the highbeams, but dimmed down)

In the off position, your tailights are off
in the Parking light setting, your taillights are on as well as the side amber lights in front. So if you want people behind you to see you, you want to have them in the "Parking Light" setting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, i see. i do want to be visible to cars behind me, so i guess i will drive using the second, "parking lights" setting. thanks for your responses.

ws

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
hmm attcually is there any way to get DRL's on the US MODEL?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
I thanks GOD TSX does not have DRL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts