Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does the light sensor on the dashboard do? It doesn't turn my headlights on at night or turn on my interior lighting so why is it there? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
48 Posts
There are a few sensors. The most obvious one right in the middle is probably the one to detect your wireless remote. Others detect sunlight to adjust the auto climate control. It's pretty cool to test out actually if you are in a garage or somewhere covered and pull out into the sun, you notice the air getting cooler.

·
Vancouver, B.C.
255 Posts
how about the one on the middle mirror? what does it do actually.. will it do something with the mirror angle or do some shade or.. any idea?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
That'll be a light sensor, if rear beams from the cars behind shine onto it ... It'll change the mirror setting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the welcome invitation. Nice forum. I was just wondering if you could use that sensor to make it turn on your lights at night too. I used to drive a chevy malibu with auto lights and it was nice to not look like a jack ass with his light not on at night. The tsx guage lighting makes me think my lights are on but the contrast of the hid bright lights makes me remember, especially when i pull out of a gas station. Sooner or later, i'm gonna drive without my lights on. Dumbass!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts